using digilux 2 battery on L1/d3

imnotaniceboy

Yes - no problem

True enough, as they're physically identical, but if I recall correctly, the L1/D3 battery also has slightly more capacity than the LC1/D2 battery, so I'd go with one of those if you have a choice.

D2 battery is rated at 1400 mAH

L1 battery is rated at 1500 mAH

Don't forget...even though they have a 'rating' they don't actually comply to the rating 'exactly', and they degrade away from the rating over time/use.

I have interchanged both with no issues to date.

Actually this is another reason for why I've ended up with D1, D2 and now L1, along my Digi and Leica journey, carrying two cameras with shared batteries is a bonus.

Actually this is another reason for why I've ended up with D1, D2 and now L1, along my Digi and Leica journey, carrying two cameras with shared batteries is a bonus.

I agree! The fact they both use SD cards is another plus and, in fact, I made sure my other cameras (C-Lux1 and Panasonic FX-01) can share batteries and use SD cards as well.

I left on a 10-day vacation without my D3's battery charger, and have been using my friend's D2 charger successfully to charge my D3 batteries. I haven't needed to use his batteries, but I'm lad I can if I need to.