Leica T and 11/23 wide angle

Darn, thought I recognised it. Either way, thank you, and nice shot(s).

I see you're really enjoying the new 11-23, and more so at the widest end.  (based on a quick look at your Flickr posts).

Worth it obviously, as you are enthusing about it, but at the end where I could just buy a fixed 12mm lens?

Or is it worthwhile to have the full range, albeit at the size and weight cost?
Gary

Darn, thought I recognised it. Either way, thank you, and nice shot(s).

I see you're really enjoying the new 11-23, and more so at the widest end.  (based on a quick look at your Flickr posts).

Worth it obviously, as you are enthusing about it, but at the end where I could just buy a fixed 12mm lens?

Or is it worthwhile to have the full range, albeit at the size and weight cost?

Gary

As I see it, at 23 mm, you are at effective 35 mm so it works well for a variety of situations.  (That's why I'd suggest a fast prime to accompany it - for versatility in low light). As to cost, in the USA, one can find a new 11-23 for just under $1000. (eBay)

Rob

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks Rob. The "cost" was aimed at the "size and weight penalty", not financial cost, sorry, poor use of the word cost.

Either way, I'm firmly on the fence, and may stay there until after the hoopla settles next month, if/when a new T2 gets thrown onto the market.

The T will do me, but new lenses may skew the thoughts, and I did have the idea I would just use my M lenses anyway.  I certainly have no intention at all to go to the bloated size of the likes of the 35/1.4, I've always been against that.

One thing's for sure, prices have come down, across the board, so something is up.

Gary

May stay "firmly on the fence"?  A tough spot no doubt! (LOL).

I'm sure your M lenses will do you well.  In any event, I doubt that the lenses that are currently on the market will have an uptick  in the available prices so I would suspect no harm in waiting.  As for the T2 I would think that it will have a built in evf at a minimum, but, I think the T prices now are quite attractive whether there's a T2 or not.  Further, the existing lenses for the T will surely fit the T2.

Either way, no harm in waiting till a gust of wind pushes you in one direction!

Rob

The Q is three times as fast as anything mounted on the T. And twice as fast as a T lens mounted on an SL. 

A7s A7rII I would say almost 2.25 times as fast. A lag behind the Q, but faster then T lenses on the SL. 

(This is all in good light... Lowlight changes things)

Hope this helps.

Edited by adamdewilde
  • Like 1