M-D vs Edition 60

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, elmadi said:

Hello, I just joined forum and I seek anyone's advice : 

I am tempted to trade my second hand M60 for the new M10 for the reason of weight and convenience.

I love my M60 but it's weight bothers me during my travel plus I miss the LCD screen at times. I have owned my M60 for 2 years now. 
Thank you for any advice.

Regards

There also may be someone that would do a straight trade for their M10 and lens for your M60 if you posted in this and other forums. Seeing how rare an M60 is I think +$2k is a bit too much.

15 hours ago, plaidshirts said:

There also may be someone that would do a straight trade for their M10 and lens for your M60 if you posted in this and other forums. Seeing how rare an M60 is I think +$2k is a bit too much.

Thank you very much "plaidshirts" for the reminder that my M60 is rare and only 600 copies exist worldwide. Your advised confirmed my feeling

about still having to pay extra$2K.  Warm regards

I had the M10 for a year and a half and then finally secured the M60 kit.  Absolutely amazing camera that I'd never sell.  Got a custom-designed Luigi full case for it, probably the only one in the universe at this point.  There soon will be an M11, and M10 will eventually become just one of many, you'll be able to get a good one for that 2K difference.  The M60 will always be the first LCDless M, and will forever be a beacon of design and photographic beauty.  Do not sell.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, setuporg said:

I had the M10 for a year and a half and then finally secured the M60 kit.  Absolutely amazing camera that I'd never sell.  Got a custom-designed Luigi full case for it, probably the only one in the universe at this point.  There soon will be an M11, and M10 will eventually become just one of many, you'll be able to get a good one for that 2K difference.  The M60 will always be the first LCDless M, and will forever be a beacon of design and photographic beauty.  Do not sell.

Thank you so much "setuporg" for your valuable comment and advice. Yes, I do much agree that the M60 will always be the first LCDless M. You are right that when the M11 or M12 comes out, the M10 will be one as many. At this point I will not sell it. 

About your Luigi full case, I Google it and I landed in this website https://www.luigicases.com/a000-CasesLeicaM-D.M60.htm Is this where you bought yours?

Thank you so much again "setuporg"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, setuporg said:

All of the above is true of course, but uniqueness is only important to collectors. (I mean no disrespect to collectors - I completely understand  the attraction to unique and beautiful things!). If image-making is your passion, and you feel that the M-10 is the better tool for you, what does it matter if thousands of others use the same tool? Or that it will be superseded by another model in a few years?

That said, Setuporg, your camera does sound wonderful!

• Like 2

We change with time.

Wanting to buy the M Edition 60 when the nice kit with Summilux-M 35mm was offered new some years ago.

I played with one in the Leica Store, but decided not to buy the kit.

After that life goes on and I bought M-D that fills the M60 gap with some practical features that make life easier, lighter and easy to carry around.

But the M60 still haunting me untill some days ago, last week.

I had opportunity to "play" with one kit of M60, and even it appeared "lighter than before", I'm now cured from M60 because for me M-D suits my use much better.

I can say now that if I had bought it years ago, I would not use the M60 much.

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:D

When the M60 came out, I wanted one BUT I wanted something with the normal black finish, strap lugs, and at the 'standard' digital M-body only price. When the M-D 262 was released, even though I already had the M-P 240, I had to buy the M-D. I sold the M-P a little while later, and have not any urge to acquire the M60 or M10. 

Frankly, I have more of an urge to acquire the Q2 these days ... The more time goes on, the less I seem to want or need. Not a bad thing! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1