How do you store your camera in the short term

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was recently at Leica NJ and the topic camera flange loosening/tightening came up. I was left with the impression that you should not keep heavy or longer lenses on the camera ( I have m240) because it causes stress in the body and lens flanges. I'm a weekend user and have left my 75 cron on the camera for multiple days.  This was the first I've heard this so wanted to pass on. 

Makes no sense whatsoever because it that's true then carrying the camera over your shoulder or around your neck without supporting the lens, as one would do in normal use over the lifetime of the camera, would be the worst possible thing to do. 

• Like 1

Makes no sense whatsoever because it that's true then carrying the camera over your shoulder or around your neck without supporting the lens, as one would do in normal use over the lifetime of the camera, would be the worst possible thing to do. 

Thats why I carry the camera with lens facing upward. Don't you? :)

i kinda agree which is why i made the orginal post.... 

My M240 lives in a bag.

Either a Mindshift ultralight 16 or a Thinktank retrospective 7.

Lens mounted (normally 50 summarit) and lens cap on.

If its not in the bag, then its hanging around my neck/shoulder or in my hands.

To me, its a tool.

Sure, i take better care of it than my Canon kit, and i enjoy using it a lot more, but its still just a tool i use to make nice pictures

• Like 1