availability of elmarit 28/2.8 ASPH

maddav

Hi everyone,

This lens seems to be out of stock everywhere in the US. Is it the same in Europe? If it is, do you know when it is likely to be available again?

Thanks!

I had one several weeks ago that was badly adjusted. I returned it for replacement rather than repair, and got a call from my dealer yesterday to say that the new one will arrive tomorrow, so there's clearly a shipment around, just not sure if they are all pre-allocated.

I'll ask him, and let you know if he has any more of them in the batch.

Tim

I had one several weeks ago that was badly adjusted. I returned it for replacement rather than repair, and got a call from my dealer yesterday to say that the new one will arrive tomorrow, so there's clearly a shipment around, just not sure if they are all pre-allocated.

I'll ask him, and let you know if he has any more of them in the batch.

Tim

yo Tim, 'badly adjusted'? -- seems like youre having alot of problems with your lenses! either i'm lucky or you are extremely picky. or i just look that closely

Part of the problem is that so many people pre-order through the same relatively small batch of well-known dealers that a huge queue forms. Meanwhile, the mom and pop stores get inventory that languishes.

I waited for a WATE (no pun intended) for several months before finally deciding to take matters into my own hands. After less than ten minutes of Googling and one phone call to confirm inventory, I ordered one from a small shop in Michigan called Adray Camera. The lens showed up the next day and works like a dream.

Of course, the only problem now is that mom and pops rarely receive very much inventory so the first person who discovers the shop is usually the only person to benefit from the discovery. Still, there has to be more shops out there if one is willing to put the time in to find them.

This is the first time I do business with Bergen County Camera. My first impression is that they seem to have an excellent sales people. Bob G told me that two people have backed out of the deal of 28/2.8 ASPH. That's why they still have it.