Paris this weekend (11/12 June 2016)

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Robert Parker and I are travelling to Paris this weekend from late on Friday 10th June to Monday 13th June and we're interested in meeting up with forum members who may live in or be visiting Paris.  We'll be based in the 18th but moving around so if you're in Paris over the weekend and would like to meet up for a chat, a coffee or something a little stronger then please post in this thread and we can arrange for a place to meet.  

If you'd prefer to make contact off-line then please PM me your mobile number and I'll do the same.  Apologies for the short notice but this is a bit of a spur of the moment trip (but not related to some minor football tournament that's taking place

).

Pete.

I'll be in Paris for a trade show, but won't be getting there until around 7pm. I'll need to get to the hotel, unpack, then think about eating.

On the Monday, I'll be at the show all day, but if you are travelling back on an early-evening Eurostar, we could grab a drink or two at the Cadran du Nord, a bar/restaurant on the other side of the street from the modern part of the Gare du Nord.

I've left Thursday free. If the weather co-operates, I'm going out to the suburbs to revisit the Musee Albert Kahn, to see its current display of Autochromes, and to take some pics in its gardens.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

We're driving and it's likely that we'll be starting back early evening on Monday 13th so Cadran du Nord could be possible if you're around.  Will you be in Paris tomorrow and/or Sunday, which might make meeting up more convenient for us all?

I have PM'ed my mobile number to you.

Pete.

Alas, I don't get there until Sunday evening. I'll probably get to my hotel around 7.30, check in, unpack, get my gear ready for the next day, then head out around 8.30 to grab a meal. By 10pm, I'll be 'hitting the sack' in preparation for an early start in the morning, leading to spending all day Monday on my feet at the show.

Assuming that the RER is running OK, I will aim to get back to the Gare du Nord by around 6.30pm. I usually hit the Cadran du Nord for a beer before heading back to my hotel.

Okay, if you feel you might have time to meet up on Sunday evening then let us know and I feel sure we can work something out.  If not, see you at the next London meetup or a Meetup group somewhere.

Pete.