Glass (3 images)

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In my thread yesterday, Tales of the Crypt, I showed you some wonderfully carved crypts in the Dreux Chapel. Both Andy & Jerry commented on the stained glass there. Below are some examples of that lovely stained glass. My favorite is the dome, but there is an interesting mix of old and new styles in the windows. You can see more of them on the second Chartres & Area photo gallery page on our site.

Stuart

Very nice pictures indeed ! I particularly love Picture #3, because of its colour contrast and detail . It's a shame to see it only in the small version, the full size must be magic

Armin

Stuart

Excellent pictures. The first one is magnificent, although I also like the 3rd one very much as well. It must be technically difficult to get the exposure right for this type of lighting and you appear to have done a great job.

I would be tempted to try the perspective tools in CS2 (if you have them) on picture 2 to try to correct the verticals, but that is purely my taste and it may not be yours.

LouisB

In my thread yesterday, Tales of the Crypt, I showed you some wonderfully carved crypts in the Dreux Chapel. Both Andy & Jerry commented on the stained glass there. Below are some examples of that lovely stained glass. My favorite is the dome, but there is an interesting mix of old and new styles in the windows. You can see more of them on the second Chartres & Area photo gallery page on our site.

The glass is certainly wonderful, and thats a different "take" on the dome to mine. I found the mausoleum a bit depressing when we were there, but the flass is uplifting.

Gerry

Armin, Oliver, Sam, Paul, Ivan & Gerry - Thank you.

Big - Thank you. If I had CS2 or C1 Pro I most certainly would adjust the vertical. I was fortunate enough to see my dear friend Gerard do so in C1 Pro.

Stuart wonderful images, I always envy this kind of art that flourishes under Christian theology. It is pity that Islam had to ban this kind of art. In the past they had different kind of art in mosques as well but they are being build plain ugly these days.

Thanks for sharing

Mehmet