Focus magnification with 3rd party adapter ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just took possession of a used Leica T, running firmware 1.5.

Using a third party adapter for M lenses, in A mode, I get an "F" in the right hand box, and "ISO" in the left.

In manual mode, it is "F" in the left and "S" on the right.

Am I missing a way to assign magnification to one of the dials? Or do I need the Leica adapter?

I am using Nikkor manual lenses on my T with a Novoflex adapter and I have no problem with the magnifier. All I had to do is to tap on "S" (shutter speed); and then chose "A" which is the proper mode for manual lenses.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm also using a novoflex M-T adapter, I use the magnification on the left dial, but I would like to assign another function on the right dial.

Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks

Massimo

Hello,

I'm also using a novoflex M-T adapter, I use the magnification on the left dial, but I would like to assign another function on the right dial.

Thanks

Massimo

That is a very good question that I have been struggling with ever since I have my T. I am using a Novoflex adapter and the left dial works great for focusing with the magnification. But I would love to assign the right dial for other functions such as ISO, etc... From what I am hearing from other T users, we can't give any assignment to the right dial when using manual lenses!... Too bad! I was hoping Leica would dive us that possibility with a new firmware if technically possible!

Guest satrycon

i use the Leica adapter for my M lenses,, i always shoot in manual mode [M], left dial is always ISO, right dial is shutter speed.
 as i have the EVF i don't use focus magnification...someone had mentioned earlier that with 3rd party adapters one cannot assign the dials

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/250360-focus-aid-in-manual-mode-on-leica-t/

Hello,
Thanks

Massimo

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by satrycon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Press and hold the left icon when you first turn the dial. A list of menu options should pop up to change the left dial.

It'd be good if there were one more dial, or if the video button could be used to magnify focus (on/off).