mas

I think the answer to the asked question is no, at least with off the shelf parts.

john

I gathered that. Thanks.

What does anybody know about using a close-up lens/filter?  Any appreciable degradation in image quality?

82mm filters and CU ones are usually quite deep, may vignette on the wide lenses. B&H only list a single CU filter, Heliopan +1, so not much effect and I would not expect anything other than some image degradation.... Perhaps, and certainly much cheaper, try a 77mm +5 with stepping ring?

john

Advertisement (gone after registration)

82mm filters and CU ones are usually quite deep, may vignette on the wide lenses. B&H only list a single CU filter, Heliopan +1, so not much effect and I would not expect anything other than some image degradation.... Perhaps, and certainly much cheaper, try a 77mm +5 with stepping ring?

john

Won't that vignette?

If not, what about the Canon 250D on a 35mm lens? 

Edited by mas

Almost certainly, but there are no suitable 82mm CU nor S extension tubes :-(

john

Thanks John.  At this point, I'm of the mind to stick with D800E and old mechanical 28mm with close-focus.

Michael

FWIW, the Pentax-67 100mm f/4 Macro can go to 1:1 with its included closeup module. I have used this lens on my S2, one of the last 67 lenses released by Pentax, and it's excellent at any distance. :)

Doug

I think the answer to the asked question is no, at least with off the shelf parts.

john

Well, at least not with off-the-shelf parts that all say "Leica" on them. The various adapters, coupled with closeup accessories and lenses from other systems, will let you get as close you want. For an extreme example:

V-series adapter + Hasselblad bellows + some Hasselblad extension tubes + Hasselblad RMS adapter + 16mm Zeiss Luminar will get you to 40x - if you can keep things steady.

Yes, I read the question, but the answer is "no". That would make for a short and unsatisfying thread.  :)

If it were wide M lenses on, say, a Sony, then I could give a positive answer. Or simply a Q would do perfectly. But wide S lenses on an S? Nothing comes to mind.

--Matt

Edited by mgrayson3