Charging the SL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks to a brilliant stroke of luck, my SL charger is a thing of the past

I'm leaving for a photography trip tomorrow morning - can the SL battery be charged via USB?

Or any other options to charge?

I'll try and buy a charging unit when I get to my destination but I need a quick fix till then

The instruction manual does not mention anything about charging via USB

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For car charging, I keep a 100 watt inverter in my car. I use it to charge everything from cameras to laptops. The one I have gives me AC power and has two 2 amp USB chargers for phones and tablets. I've done this for years and when I need it, it has been a lifesaver.

Gordon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I will also start a new thread, but can I ask did you find the UniPal could take the SL battery?  I have bought one but the charging prongs (for want of a better word!) seem to be too low down to connect with the + and the - charging points on the SL battery.  I am quite desperate to find a way of charging my 2 SL batteries on the move as I have a 2 week backpacking trip. Any help would be really welcome, otherwise it'll be the insane cost of a few SL batteries!

Thanks

Pete

Hi! The Unipal Plus can charge the SL battery. The shop were I bought my SL actually charges all batteries to all their cameras with the Unipal. They took out a SL battery and tested in front of me (they hadn't yet tried to charge one) and it worked.

So I have one as a spare charger, havn't had any reason to use it so far.

...AFAIK there is no solution for hiking and charging SL. I have spares and try to take my time with all shots, make them count, for what It's worth :).

//Johan

Same here ... I can't figure out how the battery fits. 

Ach, there's a video on the Amazon.com site and on YouTube

for the Unipal Plus that shows how it connects.  :)

Edited by ramarren

Thank you Johan - wise words over taking time for each shot!

Would it be a pain to show me with a photo how you fit the SL battery into the Unipal Plus? I think I am quite thick!!

Pete

Hi Pete,

the battery fits standing up. I have yet to manage up-loading a picture to this forum, as I mainly use my phone to read/write here :).

//Johan

• 9 months later...

Thanks for your post. The car charger I bought in last month is Bestek 1000w power inverter. I need to charge camera, laptop and iPhone in the journey when I travel around the country. I like this friend recommend inverter, because it is convenient to take away. Maybe you can get more information about this tool on Bestekmall. Hope this point is useful to you. Have a nice day. 

Thanks for your post. The car charger I bought in last month is Bestek 1000w power inverter. I need to charge camera, laptop and iPhone in the journey when I travel around the country. I like this friend recommend inverter, because it is convenient to take away. Maybe you can get more information about this tool on Bestekmall. Hope this point is useful to you. Have a nice day.

Post is a year old.... but still maybe useful to others.

Jeff