1. Jan Böttcher

Jan Böttcher

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sung Kim
      Hi there guys
      I was using kentmere 400 and when I was rewinding the film somehow the it ripped out
      So decided pull it by myself on changing bag
      Tried with the finger and no success.
      Tried with tweezers. Hooked in something and pull it out.
      It was spring  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Like pictured

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! coming out form the take up spool area

For now, all functions works. I can cock the shuuter and fire it, open the bottom cover and film count reset, film advance and rewind
      Any one have idea what this piece is for?
    • By mr_bom
      Hello members,
      I’m curious about the new Summaron-M 28mm 5.6
      It’s Focusing tab stuck at the framelines selector and cannot go to close focus. 
      Does this occurs to every M-body that has rectangle framelines selector? 😅
      Thanks in advance
      Thatchapon

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By justkane
      Hello, Newbie post here!
      I purchased a really beautiful M7 back in February and initially sent it in to service for a shutter curtain and rangefinder calibration after finding flaws in the first few rolls back from the lab. The work was done in March and all seemed well. Now there's a new super weird and annoying problem and I'm curious if any technicians and fellow M7 owners have experienced this.
      When powering on, the first shot seems to lock up the shutter halfway when using electronic speeds snd auto mode. It sounds like the soft click of the front curtain opening for a long exposure, but never completes the exposure with that louder clack. I am able to complete the exposure jam by switching to one of the mechanical speeds and press the release. It then clacks and allows me to advance again.
      Here's the weird part: as long as I keep the power switch on, I can now capture normal electronic shutter speeds without issue. Once I turn it off and then on again, that first powered frame will lock up. I've changed the batteries (using Duracell DL 1/3N CR1/3N 3v Lithiums), the battery gate and contacts appear clean, the meter appears to be displaying and working normally. Literally just the shutter lock up on the first powered frame is the issue. 
      The service technician is a bit stumped by this issue and has suggested that I keep the power switch on and only advance when ready to shoot, or live with the oddity to avoid having to pony up for what could be the need for a new circuit board.
      Anyone have experience with this issue?
      What is the going rate for a trip to Leica for a new board and CLA? Would it be less of headache to sell the body at a low price and live another day with an M6 or MP instead? Yes, I do dream of an MP...

Thanks in advance!
    • By k0ffe
      Hi, 
      I have to choose between two mint condition cameras, one is a upgraded viewfinder M7 and second one is a m6 classic with a recent CLA. 
      I like the M7 as it gives me the option for aperture priority IF I want. But the one thing that worries me is the electronics, compared to the M6 mechanical inside. 

Please advise as I need to make a quick choice. The price is not the factor i need help with just the talk around riliabilty and posabilty to service IF it breaks down in a couple of years. 
    • By VictoriaC
      LEICA M7 (0.72 VF) BODY #3328314 in a set with Leica Summicron 50mm f2-M 6-Bit #4037804. BEAUTIFUL CONDITION BOXED & COMPLETE
      I’m offering for sale my Leica M7 (0.72 VF) #3328314 in the starter set with a Leica Summicron 50mm f2 -M 6-Bit #4037804 set, bought from Red Dot Cameras London. I was using this regularly, along with a number of other film bodies I have as I am a bit of a collector. I mainly shoot digital but I still run a film through it regularly just to make sure it is working well. This is a wonderful camera to use and the lens is perfect.
      The camera comes complete with all original packaging, an unused camera strap, manual and body cap and a battery which I have not left inside the camera.
      The camera is in beautiful condition with just a little bit of brass rubbing, the lens has a little cosmetic rubbing on the rim as may be seen in the photograph but the glass itself is perfect. I hope the images attest to the condition of the camera and speak for themselves. I have more photos of the camera and lens if you want to see the condition of them - the advert limits how many photos I can post.
      Priced at £2300 GBP.  Bank transfer or cash on collection from my SW London UK home (in Wandsworth). Alternatively the camera will be packaged very securely and postage will be charged extra at cost.
      Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.  Regards, Victoria