Leica DMR Image Thread

Bobitybob

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Right after the Soviet Union successfully launched sSputnik, Bob Hope quipped, "I'd like to congratulate the Russian scientists but I don't speak German."  Of course, the US Army restone missle was a V2, and Werner Von Braun came to the US.

• Like 3

Pylon...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

R8 DMR, 28-70

• Like 6

I understand the frustrations of some of you, for spare parts including DMR batteries
but you and I both know  when you buy digital cameras that has a time and eventually

become obsolete camera.
Such is the case of all that is digital (case of your computer) . In 10-20 years I wonder
if I can still see all my pictures taken with my digital camera

...   but in the meantime enjoy these beautiful images posted here.

Rg

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry

I think, your're missing the point of the discussion here, the discussion was about the "look", yes I've tried it with the 24-90mm and various R and M lenses while the new SL is a fantastic digital camera that Leica has ever produced as a platform for R and M lenses but for those who is looking for a film like rendering so this camera isn't.

If one likes modern rendering, equal good with R and M lenses so the SL is IMO the best camera at the moment.

Anyways, thanks für die Empfehlung!

I did not know this sort of discusiion has points, but your answer is definitely "pointy".

Anyway, a color rendering similar to the DMR was asked for and the SL offers this - in my eyes. A simple opinion, and no reason to find it offending or in any way in the wrong place. 

And thanks for your "Empfehlung", Sir. Yessir!!

I did not know this sort of discusiion has points, but your answer is definitely "pointy".

Anyway, a color rendering similar to the DMR was asked for and the SL offers this - in my eyes. A simple opinion, and no reason to find it offending or in any way in the wrong place. 

And thanks for your "Empfehlung", Sir. Yessir!!

kein Problem Stephan, I think; we (Leica Users) are at lucky situation at the moment that we do have many choices to chose from Leica

camp, there are S,M,T(SL) and X so just pick one,2 or 3 what you like most  :p .

Ten years ago, it was only the DMR then the M8!

As "color rendering" it's something true about it, as multi brands user as I am (R/M/X, Nikon,Canon,Oly,Fuji etc...)I do like Leicas rendering most, that's why I've spent a lot of money on this brand otherwise I could save a lot since CaNikon 810,D4s,D5,D1X-m2  are better cameras but do their files convince you better? so the answer is personal there is nothing wrong.

In the Leica camp, I do like the files from a DMR most (have tried a S006, SL, own or owned all the Ms) and still using it as a main camera.

Regarding the new SL, I do like it very much but there are 2 points that stop me from buying it:

1) The files from the SL is definitely different from a DMR after using the DMR from the beginning 10 years +

dkCambridgeshire (Dunk) is this thread has a DMR and a SL also confirmed this.

2) It could replaces my M240 as a second camera where I need it at high iso situation and wides however

the SL doesn't behave well with my SEM21 and Cron 28Asph. 1st.version (on the M, these two lenses are much better)

so I better stay with the M for now .

Grüsse

Hai

• Like 2

1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 'London to Edinburgh', Two Seater with Dickey, Chassis No. 2121 displayed at Rolls Royce Enthusiasts' Club Annual Rally 2015 Burghley Park Stamford 

… and this is the engine the two French speaking visitors were admiring.

The car was for sale at £2,000,000.

Leica R9/DMR & 21-35mm R 

The RR Rally is again being held at Burghley Park this year on Fri 24, Sat, 25 and Sun 26 June - lots of photo opportunities and free entry via the regular visitors entrance. 

I'll be using my DMR at the rally again this year but this time with a 19mm R which with 1.37 crop factor = 26mm.

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A Rolls Royce restoration story:

At last year's Rolls Royce Enthusiasts' Club Rally this 1937 Rolls Royce 25/30 Thrupp and Maberley Limousine was auctioned by H&H Auctioneers as a restoration project with most of its missing parts in boxes

… it sold for £15232 

R9/DMR  21-35mm R 

This year the car is again being offered for auction at the rally after being restored … http://www.barons-auctions.com/auction_details.php?aid=22&cid=627  … interesting auctioneer's description. 

dunk

• Like 5

Right after the Soviet Union successfully launched sSputnik, Bob Hope quipped, "I'd like to congratulate the Russian scientists but I don't speak German."  Of course, the US Army restone missle was a V2, and Werner Von Braun came to the US.

It's a good joke but, as you indicate, a bit rich when you consider how many Nazi engineers and technicians were 'reassigned' under the stewardship of Operation paperclip.

Some DRM photos from Malaysian Borneo

• Like 10

Hi,

R8+DMR+100mm Apo-Macro Elmarit

Horst

• Like 11

Flower...

R8 DMR, Macro Elmar-R 100

• Like 3

Red Onion.

R8, 100mm APO Macro Elmarit R

• Like 7

Artichoke.

R8, 100mm APO Macro Elmarit R

Edited by dgktkr
  • Like 3

Lichens on a tree branch. 

R8, 100mm APO Macro Elmarit R f/22 1/25s ISO 100

dgktkr

• Like 7

1918 Buick Board Track Racer photographed at Kettering Vintage Rally & Steam Fayre, September 27 2015.

R9/DMR 21-35mm R 

dunk

• Like 5

Good Lord Dunk, when I first looked at this shot, the first thing I thought was "how 3-D like" it looked, stunning.

Yes, there are many many stunning shots in this thread, and this one is certainly up there.

Why oh why does Leica not reinvent the DMR, newer sensor, newer technology? Heck, same old sensor even, just "refresh" it a tad. I'd be a starter for sure.

Gary

• Like 1

Good Lord Dunk, when I first looked at this shot, the first thing I thought was "how 3-D like" it looked, stunning.

Yes, there are many many stunning shots in this thread, and this one is certainly up there.

Why oh why does Leica not reinvent the DMR, newer sensor, newer technology? Heck, same old sensor even, just "refresh" it a tad. I'd be a starter for sure.

Gary

Resources too stretched with other projects; relatively little demand for a second generation DMR; impossible to make a FF digital module for the R8/R9; no suitable CCD sensors. I was considering selling my DMR after acquiring a s/h SL 601 but its image files are still 'competitive'… so fingers crossed it will continue to produce decent photos for several more years. 

dunk

• Like 1

Gary

I agree with Gary

Very nice picture Dunk reminds me a lot Kodak Portra film for color

Gary it's CCD sensor and only 10MPx :)

Amazing definition and color

Best

Henry

Thank you Henry and Gary I'm classified as being totally colour blind (but I can see colours) so do not see the same hues as most other people. I'm trying to be more accurate with colours in PP but often have problems with greens - which look OK to me but not to others. The Buick photo was awful when first post processed but I did not fully realise how bad it was - so it's encouraging to receive some positive feedback following reprocessing. If I look really hard and go back to the image several times I can see where it needs further processing - especially if I take into account the time of day and weather conditions and adjust as per likely colour temperature. 

Cheers

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 1

Peterbilt 379 tractor unit … late September, late afternoon. 

Leica R9 / DMR & 21-35mm R lens.

dunk 

• Like 5