First M8 image (I'm sharing)

phovsho

Photoshop Elements: Colour Variations: reduce red... There is more to be done to this image; but Jpegs are limited. Start shooting DNG and use C1LE. It is not difficult, but a whole lot better....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hmm

I prefer the original, and if you aren't used to editing, you might try Lightroom, which also allows you to do a lot with jpg files, and will handle all your file management as well.

I've fiddled with it, and there is a lot one can do - but of course, without knowing the original colour of the cat . . . . .

Good luck with your new camera though - enjoy!

I am not a cat picture aficionado but I agree with Jono. To me, the original is warmer and thus more pleasing to the eye. Is it more accurate color-wise, I don't know? What were you, the photographer, trying to convey?

As to Jaap's comment JPEGs are limited, no doubt if you have a difficult lighting situation or if the pic is truly important to you. If we're just talking of snapshots, I beg to differ. The in-camera color conversion is damn good as long as you have the white balance properly set up. You would need to spend a decent amount of time to get the same "extremely accurate" color from any raw converter that the in-camera conversion provides instantaneously! But again, if the pic is more than a snapshot, the time investment in getting the colors correct, along with all the other advantages of working on a DNG file is well worth it.

Take more pics, try both DNG & JPEG, pixel peep and see what you think.

Ed

A little hard if one doesn't know the actual clolours of the cat and the red pillow (?) in the back, but how does this look?

Hans

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In which case B/W has it's uses . as does lightroom,my two 2 clicks worth.

All the best with the M8 and hope it's not as cold an damp in Wellington tonight as it is in Auckland ?

cheers rf

Why do you have to remove the Leica M8 embeded profile? How did you do it?...

It is not mandatory of course but you might find that embedded, embeded or embed (how many 'd'?) profiles are more or less ugly generally.

At least it's the case with my Epson, Nikon and Sony digicams but the M8 does not look much better from this standpoint.

Anyway i have but an old screenshot to show you right now but i just 'Save as' my pic and uncheck the profile case in the window that's all.

Afterwards close your pic, re-open it in PS or same and you can now use iCorrect or tweak your pic otherwise.

D70ColorProfileSaveAs.gif

Wow, thanks everybody for playing with the photo. Some are a big improvement. I do shot RAW, but also JPEG and thought this was the easiest way to post on these pages.

Interesting stuff about the embedded profiles.

Thanks

M

Note carefully the depth of field. It is a little difficult to tell, but at f/2.0 it does not appear that the entire cat's head is in focus. At close range like this, I have found that a little smaller aperture helps, say f/4. Those Leica lenses are so precise that a little bit out of focus really shows by comparison to neighboring portions of the image. Also, check for back focus with your lens and rangefinder adjustment. Cute kitty.

Steve