I love RF MF Focus because ......

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm always alternating between 35 and 50 depending on what I feel like. 50 is harder to work with on the street but feels more rewarding. 35 is much easier to work with but I'm never quite as happy with the best 35 results vs. the best 50 results.

Very interesting

I find 50 a bit claustrophobic and use it mostly for people on the street and family. 35 allows abit of the context and allows you to get closer and is slightly more 3D on a small aperture. I actually prefer 35 most of the time but use 50 to challenge myself and for more flattering people

I actually alternate between them

However there is nothing like 21mm for some real fun on the street ...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which one do you get the best pictures from ?

Sometimes this, sometimes that. It has more to do with me than with the cameras. But there's a real pleasure in seeing those overlapping images come together. 

John

I thought this was about "why I like RF focusing". But I read: "my problems with the patch", "I struggle with this or that...".........

Going shooting, enjoy exchanging what does not work, life is too short....

There's no harm in deviating slightly, is there? The posts made are related aren't they? I would like to become accomplished at RF focusing and this seemed an opportunity to explore where I'm going wrong from those who answered the question: 'why I like RF focusing'. If the OP thought we're deviating too much, a quick 'hop it' would stop the meandering, however I see he's joining in the wider discussion. I take it he's not too upset.

By the way, what did you bag on your shooting expedition?

• Like 1

There's no harm in deviating slightly, is there? The posts made are related aren't they? I would like to become accomplished at RF focusing and this seemed an opportunity to explore where I'm going wrong from those who answered the question: 'why I like RF focusing'. If the OP thought we're deviating too much, a quick 'hop it' would stop the meandering, however I see he's joining in the wider discussion. I take it he's not too upset.

By the way, what did you bag on your shooting expedition?

For street/reportage I use 24mm, 35mm and 50mm. My comfort zone for RF shooting is 24-90mm. Wider is certainly possible but requires an external VF. 

It just is so familiar to me as I have been using a rangefinder Leica since 1961.  And love my M6...

Oh, sorry, I see this thread is for the digital M users...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

And  this factory converted IIIa works nicely too.

Edited by mckay3d