" Just one coin for the Maimed Man"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some people were offended when I did this photograph, they said it was too shocking.

I call them cowards,in this life look away when we do not like something is the most common solution.

Is not needed to go to war zones to see shocking images the human tragedy lives with us in our cities,It is very easy to approach people and make them happy by simply talking to them and knowing their history as i did after take this picture.

This is Madrid today........i hope not tomorrow.

M9 and 1954 summarit 5 cm.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by GLOBETROTTER
  • Like 6

So poignant, most definitely an image worth sharing to show how dreadful life can be. But good to see someone donating a euro or two.

On my last visit to Madrid (c 2013) I was shocked to see so many homeless people sleeping and begging on the streets, and further afield the number of young people unemployed in Tres Cantos.

Edited by Steve Ricoh
  • Like 1

Great photo of a sad society, although the person pictured has nothing to do with Spain, I suspect, except that he finds it a profitable place to beg. I suspect he is a war veteran from another country. Sadly many of the beggars on the streets of Madrid are run by Mafias, you never know who you are giving money to.

• Like 1

Yes, it is shocking. Yes, some will see it as offensive. But I think it is a classic photograph. It works because it is technically superb; it works because of the human drama it depicts; it works because of its social reporting. And yet it is also stylish (in a good way). It is not patronising or exploitative. Congratulations on a beautiful and carefully judged photograph.

Edited by alun
  • Like 1

It is an excellent picture! It is far less shocking than those of war reportage. With the gesture of granting a coin it is not so negative but an appeal to see society with an open eye and heart. These people need to be strong and they are and will be with the help of others.

• Like 1

A Great Image, one of many taken daily of Veterans, Disabled & Homeless throughout the world....  

with All the millions of $'s, Euro's & GBP's floating around ~ What has happened to Government? Do They Care?

Sadly Nobody cares for no one.

Big cities are cold and his citizens anonymous.

Edited by GLOBETROTTER