EF Lenes for SL?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ordered the Novoflex EOS to SL smart adapter today from Ffordes and it's expected to be in stock next week. However, Speedgraphic, the UK Novoflex importer advises that because of exchange rate anomalies following the Brexit referendum, all Novoflex prices in UK will increase by 10% on Monday 11 July.  Thank you Boris!! Expect we'll also have to endure other price hikes too. 

dunk

I should have the adapter by Thursday so expect other UK dealers will have also have some in stock imminently. Looking forward to trying the Canon 24mm TS lens on the SL.

dunk  

Novoflex SL/EOS 'Objektivadapter' arrived from Ffordes today. One 'moan': Novoflex only provide a cardboard foam lined box as a keeper whereas other Novoflex adapters purchased previously have more substantial translucent plastic boxes with hinged 'snap shut' lids.

The adapter works fine with the Canon 24mm Tilt & Shift lens (Mk II) but the lens is heavy - and the adapter does not have a tripod mount or foot.

However, the Leica STA 1 14636 tripod adapter/foot designed for the Leica Apo Macro Elmarit 100/2.8 lens does fit around the Novoflex SL/EOS adapter - provided the clamping screw is fully loosened to increase the diameter to enable fitting over the adapter's locking button - and then screwed up to clamp around the adapter. The procedure is a little fiddly so proceed / try at your own risk - but the tripod foot will provide much better balance and less strain on the camera's lens mount.

External diameter of the Novoflex SL/EOS adapter = 65.08mm; exterior depth/length = 22.30 mm (not including bayonet mount); clear depth not including the locking button = 13.55mm 

Q&D illustrations;

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Using the STA 1 14636 does not compromise the 24mm T&S lens 'movements - full tilt and shift is available with the foot attached. 

Best wishes

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 4

Thanks Dunk. That's very useful.

I don't suppose you've tried any of the Novoflex collars to see if they fit?

Gordon

I do not have any Novoflex collars to try. Saw a s/h Novoflex ASTAT NEX which fits Sony NEX and EOS M but it's too small diameter to fit the SL/EOS adapter. 

It's possible that the Canon FD 200mm macro lens tripod collar might fit the SL/EOS adapter - i have used the Leica STA 1 14636 collar on the FD 200mm Macro lens - I'll check when have found my Canon FD collar.

dunk

EDITThe Canon FD 200mm Macro Lens collar does not fit … not quite.  But there must be some 3rd party tripod collars with the required 65mm internal diameter which will fit.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys, I just got my SL/Eos adapter.

I noticed that it only comes with 1 cap cover instead of 2.

Is it correct or am I being short changed?

Mine was shipped with only the front cap; no rear cap was included. Given the £399 price that's a poor show - as is the fact that the keeper / box is cardboard whereas other Novoflex adapters previously purchased were shipped in plastic box keepers with snap shut lids. However, my dealer advised before shipping that there was no rear cap. The cap would cost £19 to buy. 

I've just Emailed Novoflex and asked for a rear cap; hope to receive their reply in due course. 

dunk 

It is really weird or rather no standard that some has 1 and others had 2 caps.

Quite a disappointment and the quality doesn't looks/feels solid enough.

Yes, the lack of a cap was disappointing. But the build quality of mine seems just fine. As good or better than the similar Novoflex adaptor I have for my Sony cameras.

Leica should be making a bigger deal about this (like Sony did in the early A7 days) It transforms the system.

Gordon