Old Folders Never Die.

honcho

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been using a 1954 Agfa Isolette iii for a few months, same vintage as myself. I've posted a user report on my website to say why I think these old folders are a perfect carry around camera for dedicated film users. In a nutshell, these cameras are small,light, unobtrusive and pack a huge punch in image quality. Agfa are but just one of those iconic camera manufacturers from the pre-slr days of the 1950's and earlier and there are many other old cameras that are equally viable today.

Link to my user report here: http://www.uklandscapephotographer.com/agfa-isolette-111/

• Like 6

Thank you for the excellent article. I am a Zeiss Super Ikonta fan (6x9 & 645). Over the years I have looked for those in the best condition. The cosmetic variation in models is amazing, but so far all of them have accurate rangefinders.

Maybe I will have better luck with the Agfa Isolette III.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nah. It folded.

That's funny! Thank you. There is nothing to make me feel I should be obsolete as to find that a high quality line of cameras has been forgotten. :) The Super Ikontas were terribly expensive in their time for good reasons and I am happy to use them today as they are within my tolerance for $$$.

Have you had the opportunity to use a Super Ikonta?

If you can tolerate using film, perhaps it can be arranged.

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

I used to have a Super Ikonta which I took on a trip through South America alongside my M3s, but now have only a cheaper Zeiss one with a poor lens.

Agfa made a 35mm folder too, Solinette I think, very nice.

Gerry