New C-Lux battery won't charge. Waht to do?

notsosmart

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I just purchased a new c-Lux and the battery won't charge, making it impossible to operate te camera.

I can't tell if the problem is with the battery or with the charger, all I can tell is that the light on the charger doesn't come on when it's plugged in, ad the battery has no juice even when "charged" for several hours.

Is there a known issue with these chargers? Is there some specific procedure that I should use whe charging the battery for the first time? Any other ideas about what could be wrong?

This is a n. American charger...

Thank you in advance for any advice you might offer me.

:)

I just purchased a new c-Lux and the battery won't charge, making it impossible to operate te camera.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you just purchased this camera and it's dead out-of-the-box, why wouldn't you just return it whence it came and get another one? That said, both (generic) batteries and chargers can be had very inexpensively on eBay, so that's your best bet if you need to replace either...

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you just purchased this camera and it's dead out-of-the-box, why wouldn't you just return it whence it came and get another one? That said, both (generic) batteries and chargers can be had very inexpensively on eBay, so that's your best bet if you need to replace either...

No, I won't take it the wrong wrong way. :D

I would take it back, and I will, but I bought it right before going on vacation so I could leave my SLR at home, and when I got here, the camera wasn't working, and there is no one on the island who will touch a Leica.

So I thought that maybe there was some workaround solution or something like that that I could do. I'll probably have to try an electronics store to see if I can find another battery...

Thanks anyway. :)

• 16 years later...