Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread

This is not only a very good macro-picture. This ist also as well a great b & w picture at the same time. Very nice, Dimitrios  :)

Oh! I LOVE THIS ONE. Very nice composition.

wow, Dimitris. Turning nature's works fo art into human works of art. just brilliant!

Thank you so much for your kind comments guys! I really really appreciate them! 

• Like 1

I really tried this morning to use macro mode for photographing hummingbirds. I wanted to see if I could make it work. Also, I think the birds don't like the lens so close to the feeder. I'm pretty dissatisfied with the results. It's just too narrow of a DOF and did not work as well as the non-macro mode a few days ago. I even tried the Hoya 10X macro screw on lens, but that was WAY too close to the birds. Still, I wanted to post this so you have a reference in case you might try such craziness at some point.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Dimitris made me do it. I'm so inspired by his photographs that I keep trying new ways with the Hoya 10X macro Lens. In this case, I found this beautiful flying bug this morning, but it would not stand still. So, I put it in a little plastic container and placed it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. I read somewhere this is a trick many bug photographers use. It does not injure the bug. It's well above freezing. Once, I removed the bug, it stayed still and was a great model for my photographs. Don't tell my wife I did this! :-)

Edited by Infiniumguy
  • Like 10

Dimitris made me do it. I'm so inspired by his photographs that I keep trying new ways with the Hoya 10X macro Lens. In this case, I found this beautiful flying bug this morning, but it would not stand still. So, I put it in a little plastic container and placed it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. I read somewhere this is a trick many bug photographers use. It does not injure the bug. It's well above freezing. Once, I removed the bug, it stayed still and was a great model for my photographs. Don't tell my wife I did this! :-)

Great colours Dan! And amazing detail! I am sure that the little guy is well after the short cold wave in the refrigerator!!

Edited by zampelis
  • Like 1

I posted this in the Image thread. I thought I'd post the macro shout here also.

Attended a "Playball" exhibit today at the Colorado History Center in Denver. The highpoint was viewing a 1952 Mickey Mantle Topps baseball card worth $9.6M. It's in perfect condition. I also got a macro shot of a Lou Gehrig MVP Player American League pocket watch from 1936. Amazing exhibit and all locally owned items by a Denver attorney.

• Like 6

Thanks Dimitris! I have had to order a replacement "Thanks" button from Apple for my MacBook as the last one has worn out. If any other "Dimitris Thankers" are interested maybe we can do a group buy of these buttons ;-)

And thank you too for the lovely comments! I too need to get a Thanks button! I can't imagine how much support and appreciation I have received from you guys! 

I posted this in the Image thread. I thought I'd post the macro shout here also.

Attended a "Playball" exhibit today at the Colorado History Center in Denver. The highpoint was viewing a 1952 Mickey Mantle Topps baseball card worth $9.6M. It's in perfect condition. I also got a macro shot of a Lou Gehrig MVP Player American League pocket watch from 1936. Amazing exhibit and all locally owned items by a Denver attorney.

Lovely watch Dan! How much you think that could worth?

• LUF Admin changed the title to Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread
  • LUF Admin unpinned this topic