Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Zampelis is setting such a standard. I can only try and get close to his great images. Super job Zampelis! On this bug I used a 49mm Hoya Macro Filter I had purchased last year. I don't think it's quite the magnification that the two filters together give Zampelis. It's fun though. I used my Canon Ring Flash as the main light source and I used the Leica Table Top tripod to hold the camera steady. I had no luck trying this handheld. The colors are natural to the bug. I could easily see them reflected in natural light.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

These are some amazing colours Dan. There is no way to get those colours without a good flash! By the way thank you for your kind words! I doubt I set any standard! We are just using a tool and we try to help each other making the most out of it!

• Like 2

• Like 7

• Like 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

An Aztec labret

• Like 9

Beautiful shot! I hope the Mods can move it to a place where it belongs.

My bad.. it was a mistake. Will remove the pic and post it where it should.

I am sorry, and thank you for your understanding.

Update: Just found out that I can't delete and move it to the correct forum. Maybe Admin can help?

Edited by Yoki

The Fly..

• Like 7

I'm not suggesting this is very good, but it was incredibly easy to tart up in PS with the Nik collection of plug-ins by DxO which is still on sale until tomorrow, I think. They contain the famous silver efex pro. I think, however, there are some bugs in the current LR version that prevent plug-ins; that will get fixed soon, I hope. I think filters/plug-ins/presets are fun and great to use to give yourself quick ideas about aesthetics and then to modify for a personal statement.

• Like 5

I'm not suggesting this is very good, but it was incredibly easy to tart up in PS with the Nik collection of plug-ins by DxO which is still on sale until tomorrow, I think. They contain the famous silver efex pro. I think, however, there are some bugs in the current LR version that prevent plug-ins; that will get fixed soon, I hope. I think filters/plug-ins/presets are fun and great to use to give yourself quick ideas about aesthetics and then to modify for a personal statement.

attachicon.gifrsz_hibiscus.jpg

Such a lovely photo! I love the colours!

Also thank you for the heads up about the Nik collection. I downloaded them and I had some problems with the latest version of the Photoshop too, it was crashing the app every time I tried to apply a filter. After looking around on internet I fount that you can fix that by choosing from the Nik options not to create a new layer every time you apply an effect but rather apply the effect on the same layer! It works like a charm now, I just need to create the new layer manually on every effect I need to add!

• Like 1

A testament to the great line in Jurassic Park: life finds a way. Five years ago, virtually all the hydrangeas in our seaside town (where folks take hydrangeas seriously) had a terrible winter and no flowering that summer. Finally, this summer, we've had the full return to their glorious colors. Here's two of our Nikkos, one about to be in full color, the other in full color. Life is good when hydrangeas are back in bloom.

• Like 8

A testament to the great line in Jurassic Park: life finds a way. Five years ago, virtually all the hydrangeas in our seaside town (where folks take hydrangeas seriously) had a terrible winter and no flowering that summer. Finally, this summer, we've had the full return to their glorious colors. Here's two of our Nikkos, one about to be in full color, the other in full color. Life is good when hydrangeas are back in bloom.

rsz_hydrangea_nikko.jpg

rsz_nikko_mature.jpg

Beautiful! Congratulations! We love visiting Cape Cod every summer. The hydrangeas there are gorgeous most years.

• Like 1

• LUF Admin changed the title to Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread
  • LUF Admin unpinned this topic