Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, zampelis said:

Thank you so much for your kind words guys! Hopefully it will be ok... I did get once an error message on screen that went away after turning the camera off and on again but I suspect that it had to do with the memory card.. I will keep a close eye. The clicking sound and the little different sensation when you switch between auto and manual focus do bother me to be honest, I will see how it goes, I wouldn't like to part from my camera and be also left with a £1500 less in my pocket to fix something like that. I understand that the whole lens will need to be taken apart. I am sure that as Ken said, in the end it will just be a part of the camera's character.

I will also make a priority to get one of the Arca Swiss mounts Dan, I spent some time today researching them and they look amazing.. I am sure it will be worthy investment.

By the way, now that I have become paranoid and check every little thing, does the middle part of the lens (the black tube that comes a bit out in macro mode) wobble a little bit when you have attached the macro filters? I can feel a bit of movement when shaking slightly the camera and I am not sure if it was there before.. I think It felt rock solid.. Oh my... :)

By the way, here is another photo of a part of a fly's eye. Two images combined cropped and resized at 50%.. it seems quite sharp. I really wonder if something interesting comes out from this... 

Demitris. It’s hard to say if the wobble is normal or not. I cannot feel any on my camera with just a UV filter on. Of course you can have a much bigger lever to move it if you have close up filters. I just installed my close up filter and I cannot feel any movement. Dang. 

My advice is use it for a few days or weeks; look at the image results, then decide whether to send it in. $1500 is a big hurdle to remedy a new “characteristic “. If the image quality or operation is diminished, I’d guess you have no choice. I have mine insured agaist loss or damage. Do you? That might help. Super good luck. 

Dan

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica Q

• Like 16

9 hours ago, bags27 said:

Ken, You’ve been busy. Very nice work. I think my favorite is the framed flowers and the lamp. 

• Like 1

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Infiniumguy said:

Beautiful white rose given to my wife, Leica Q, 1/15, f/16, ISO 100, a Canon MR-14EX ring flash, 1/128 power, and two Canon 600 EX II flashes, 1/32 power, from the side. On macro tripod and RRS ballhead. The lighting was really tricky. Finding the right balance of front to side lighting to make pleasing shadows, yet backlight some of the outer petals. I was thinking of Ken and Demitris the entire time I was experimenting. 

Whether it was thinking of Ken or Demitris that did it or not you certainly nailed it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Am 30.12.2018 um 21:13 schrieb Infiniumguy:

Beautiful white rose given to my wife, Leica Q, 1/15, f/16, ISO 100, a Canon MR-14EX ring flash, 1/128 power, and two Canon 600 EX II flashes, 1/32 power, from the side. On macro tripod and RRS ballhead. The lighting was really tricky. Finding the right balance of front to side lighting to make pleasing shadows, yet backlight some of the outer petals. I was thinking of Ken and Demitris the entire time I was experimenting. 

So many beautiful flowers for your wife!
What did you do? 😮

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Water drop…

Leica Q + Close Up Lens @ 1/80 Sec; f/2.8; ISO 100 

• Like 11

Happy new year to you all !

• Like 9

• Like 10

• LUF Admin changed the title to Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread
  • LUF Admin unpinned this topic