Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread

Thistle in Vercors, French Alps

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Water lily center looks like fingers reaching out and up. 1/2500, f/8, ISO 100. 

• Like 10

Beautiful photos, Dan. Such incredible color. Is the top one a heavy crop of the other or a different picture? And did you spot the little bug before you took the shot or did you discover him afterward? He adds character!

Ken,

The first is a HEAVY crop of the second. No, spotted the bug afterwards. It was very, very bright and I could not see focus verification. I took numerous shots hoping some were in focus. I got lucky. Handheld. Thanks. I love macro. So many subjects!

Dan

• Like 1

• Like 5

low tide

• Like 5

Ken,

The first is a HEAVY crop of the second. No, spotted the bug afterwards. It was very, very bright and I could not see focus verification. I took numerous shots hoping some were in focus. I got lucky. Handheld. Thanks. I love macro. So many subjects!

Dan

thanks, Dan. I'm just always amazed about how sharp the lens is. Some are hoping for a Q2 with 40+ MPS, but 24 MPS has its advantages and really crops well!

I experimantated a while whith the macro of the Q - If I tried to make "normal" macros I had to crop the photo and get at hardly anything close to on of the top macros of other systems. After a while I stopped using the Q in a conventional way and tried a new kind of use - imo quite spectacular - it is more like painting with the Q - take a look - I would like to hear your opinions. All the pics are the original jpgs without any photoshopping, except some pics have a small correction of the image section
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/gallery/album/5531-flowers-of-gran-canaria/

blackjag--I think that's an intended aesthetic interpretation by the photographer, as is shakespeare's also stunning photos that he's kindly linked us to. In the case of zampelis's bee, all of our attention is drawn to that one small, but powerful physical connection between the bee's leg and the flower. zampelis is also experimenting in beautiful and broad color fields contrasts accentuated by background blurs. So, what is in the closest foreground and in perfect focus is intentionally minimized.  

Edited by bags27
  • Like 2

• Like 5

In the case of zampelis's bee, all of our attention is drawn to that one small, but powerful physical connection between the bee's leg and the flower.

Well alright, under this aspect i can agree to you. But still even this particular little foot is not full in sharp range. Ok but let´s  forget about it  ;)

• Like 2

• LUF Admin changed the title to Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread
  • LUF Admin unpinned this topic