Lucena

Leica Q MACRO image thread

Lucena, thank you for starting this thread, for me at least it's an impetus to learn more about using the Q for "small stuff". 

Infiniumguy, what a terrific lighter - dangerous too - as Bond, James Bond always was.  Another of mine here.

Trying some flower macro photography. I love this camera. So versatile!

The flower is a Purple Shamrock. At least that's what my wife tells me it is. :-)

Sorry ! Not  flowers, but  leaves of Oxalis triangular !

Sorry ! Not flowers, but leaves of Oxalis triangular !

I stand corrected. Thank you. Still, it was fun for me to photograph leaves.

Having fun with macro photography. Finally found a flower on our Spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum). I looked it up before being embarrassed about not knowing the scientific name. :-)

I have run into something a little weird with the Q. It seems to stop focusing in macro mode after using it for a couple minutes. I tried manual and auto focus no different. It will not longer focus close in. Then I switched back to non-macro mode and it appears to focus again and close. Like in macro mode. I think something is getting confused, maybe me, about when it's in macro mode. I'll investigate further and let you know. I was using it in a vertical mode a lot, but I could not establish that this affected the issue. Confused, but still having a lot of fun.

Orchid2.jpg

Very, very nice. What us the close-up filter you are referring to? I've never heard of it. My bad.

Orchids with Marumi Close-Up filter set.

Orchid2.jpg

Orchids with Marumi Close-Up filter set.

Very impressive image quality!  I hope Erwin-Robert will give some info. When using the close up filter set which strength(s) did you use? Was the Q in regular or macro mode? What aperture and shutter? A tripod, I assume? The depth of field is so high did you use some post processing with focus stacking or is this just shot with a small aperture? What other post processing did you do? 

Very impressive image quality!  I hope Erwin-Robert will give some info. When using the close up filter set which strength(s) did you use? Was the Q in regular or macro mode? What aperture and shutter? A tripod, I assume? The depth of field is so high did you use some post processing with focus stacking or is this just shot with a small aperture? What other post processing did you do? 

Waiting for this info, me too...

Having fun with macro photography. Finally found a flower on our Spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum). I looked it up before being embarrassed about not knowing the scientific name. :-)

Bravo, I am confused !