Lucena

Leica Q MACRO image thread

What about having a separate image thread just for macro pictures?

Hope this will be followed, we can share our macro takes but also our questions, doubts, experiences...

ISO 200

f/2.8

1/1000

In this one two pics superposed.

ISO 100

f/2.8

1/250

This was a real challenge with the 28 mm of the Q. Much easier with a 100mm macro and my Canon 5D3. It is obviously highly cropped. I'll have to try again someday with the fast shutter instead of with a flash. SF-40.

This was a real challenge with the 28 mm of the Q. Much easier with a 100mm macro and my Canon 5D3. It is obviously highly cropped. I'll have to try again someday with the fast shutter instead of with a flash. SF-40.

Splashart with the Q? I wouldn't have thought...I don't think the 28mm is appropriate. I had fun trying a whole afternoon but with my D800 and a 105mm macro...and the results were astonishing. Well, I am curious to see what you can get with a new try.

Wouldn't try either the fly's eye without a macro 105 and the tubes...

But there is a lot of things we can do on macro mode with the Q, and it would be fun to share it here.

Thanks Infiniumguy, have a nice week,

Isabel

I wouldn't think anyone would buy a Q just so they could pursue macro photography, but I do like that it has the feature, something different with the 28.  My first day which wasn't long ago I went in my backyard (that's American for "garden") in the late afternoon and took a bunch of shots including a few with the macro.  

Here's a couple.  This one is a leaf on our fig tree, and while it looks frontlit, the light is actually coming through the leaf.  

Edited by stevieboy

Lucena. You inspire me. I hope others will join us.

It can be lots of fun!!! Thanks

I wouldn't think anyone would buy a Q just so they could pursue macro photography, but I do like that it has the feature, something different with the 28.  My first day which wasn't long ago I went in my backyard (that's American for "garden") in the late afternoon and took a bunch of shots including a few with the macro.  

Here's a couple.  This one is a leaf on our fig tree, and while it looks frontlit, the light is actually coming through the leaf.  

fig.jpg

Effectively nobody would buy a Q for macro, but I am surprised with what we can achieve with it...