Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 minute ago, iQ2 said:

Absolutely not a challenge for Demitris. He is the king of macro. Amazing photographer!! Nice guy too!! 

Agree 100%  My comment was about trying to see if the Q Classic can come close to the detail of the Q2 - of course attempting to match Demitris's images with any camera will be quite the task.

• Like 1

Thank you everybody for your kind comments!! I really mean it!

I used pixel (not focus) stacking for the green bug one, 12 shots holding the camera stable handheld, increasing the resolution to about 45MP and then I upsampled it in Photoshop and I cropped it. With a Q2 it could easily exceed 100MP.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, iQ2 said:

Demitris,

3D printer as a focus stacking machine. Wow. Want to see the results and the machine working. 

Here is a working prototype, I am controlling it through my laptop's serial port at the moment.. On the right is my working velleman 8200 3d Printer and on the left is another one that I modified to make an automated stacking system...

And after all this I just realised that the Fotos app does not allow manual focus... Why, oh why? As an app developer I know that features like these don't take not even a day to be implemented.. App store is full of negative comments mentioning it as a missing feature.. And yet since the development of the original remote app 4 years ago there is not such an option for manual focus...

The only way to manually focus now is to focus on the black area at the edge of the frame and let the lens go through the full focus-in and focus-out cycle until no focus is achieved and finally allow the focus to come back to the original state before each photo is taken.. I wouldn't like to do that cause I would wear down the automated focusing system in the long term.. Another option is to manually press the shutter button using a servo or something but then I may wear down the shutter button..

Kudos to Leica for listening to their dedicated customers...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by zampelis
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, bags27 said:

That's pretty amazing, Dimitrios. They very much ought to hire you in Wetzlar.

Thanks for your comment Ken :)

Hire me in Wetzlar?? For now I just hope that they will fix my camera if it gets broken! That would be more than enough for me!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zampelis said:

Here is a working prototype, I am controlling it through my laptop's serial port at the moment.. On the right is my working velleman 8200 3d Printer and on the left is another one that I modified to make an automated stacking system...

And after all this I just realised that the Fotos app does not allow manual focus... Why, oh why? As an app developer I know that features like these don't take not even a day to be implemented.. App store is full of negative comments mentioning it as a missing feature.. And yet since the development of the original remote app 4 years ago there is not such an option for manual focus...

The only way to manually focus now is to focus on the black area at the edge of the frame and let the lens go through the full focus-in and focus-out cycle until no focus is achieved and finally allow the focus to come back to the original state before each photo is taken.. I wouldn't like to do that cause I would wear down the automated focusing system in the long term.. Another option is to manually press the shutter button using a servo or something but then I may wear down the shutter button..

Wow Demitris. Impressive. Agree with Ken. Wetzlar should at least use you as a beta tester. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zampelis said:

I also submitted a feature request for FOTOS to allow manual focus. I verified that the Q2 works the same as your Q. It auto focuses with every shutter press from FOTOS. Frustrating. 

• Thanks 1

A poor little guy I fount yesterday in the woods

• Like 6

And a macro detail of his eye.. 45 shots but I needed to manually press the shutter button.. Looking into a way now to map an area and then make the whole process automated...

• Like 7

Fleur d'Eglantier (Briar Flower ?)
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, zampelis said:

And a macro detail of his eye.. 45 shots but I needed to manually press the shutter button.. Looking into a way now to map an area and then make the whole process automated...

Totally amazing!!!  Keep them coming!! 

Bleeding Heart, Leica Q, 1/60 sec, f/11, ISO 1600.

• Like 12

Bearded Iris, Leica Q 1/80 sec, f/9, ISO 3200

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Queen of Flowers

• Like 7

• Like 8

• Like 8

• LUF Admin changed the title to Leica Q / Leica Q2 MACRO image thread