AUTOFOCUS: M lenses on Sony A7r2 with Techart Pro LM-EA7 Adapter

k-hawinkler

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting, all this information. I still have a Nikon D700 "outfit" with the classic 2,8 lenses. Never used them the last four years, since i use digital Leica M, so i'm thinking of making the switch to Sony, so i'm glad to see i can use my leica lenses this way, in AF mode. I'm really curious how the Summilux 75 works with the adapter.

Looks that the adapter works (well, sort of, because in the Nikon adapter only the lens group within the adapter moved )like a Nikon TC-16a (a manual lens to AF camera adapter from the late 80-ies) I got it with my F501 those days, and it works pretty much the same as the Tech-Art thing. Prefocus first, and let the adapter do the fine thing...albeit without 1,6x factor of course, as the Nikon tc-16a has....brilliant! Thanks for so much samples and information! 

Check the FM Sony forum for lots of experience and issues with these. Heavy lenses like the 75 Lux might be problematic and wearing of the mechanisms seem (perhaps) common coupled with iffy support from the original maker (TechArt). No personal experience so I’m

only pointing you to more detailed info from many users.

Check the FM Sony forum for lots of experience and issues with these. Heavy lenses like the 75 Lux might be problematic and wearing of the mechanisms seem (perhaps) common coupled with iffy support from the original maker (TechArt). No personal experience so I’m

only pointing you to more detailed info from many users.

Thanks, but i'm afraid there's too much info.. :) I'll stay with Leica as my premium and "work" camera's, but i liked the possibility to use the same glass autofocus on a Sony 7RII, so i can get rid of al the Nikon "heavy stuff". So i've got enough information at the moment. thank you for your reply.

• 6 months later...