Get hold of an M8 in Sweden/Northen Europe...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi!

I was visiting one of the camera shops i Stockholm, Sweden and I asked the manager how long i would have to wait for an M8 if I ordered one now. He just smiled/frowned and told me that i would get it some time next year!!!! He had only delivered five or six to waiting customers since november. Could any of you out there think of any other creative ways of getting one without ordering from an anonymous web dealer..? I can travel - at least take a shorter trip for this purpouse - as long I can buy it from a good and respected dealer

Henrik

Get a cheap flight to schiphol airport, there in the main hall lounge 1 I think is the large electronics duty free shop which happen to stock M8's. I think you can pre order to have in stock for your trip.

I think they are operated by Capi Homepage and price was €3600 last November. Might be worth a quick return flight. We can get return flights for €50 here.

That sounds like an excellent suggestion and you can pre-order. If you don't want to travel: http://www.cameraexpress.nl/ is an utterly reliable shop ( not an anonymous web-shop but a real shop that I avoid as much of possible out of consideration towards my bank manager ;)) that stocks M8's all the time. Black is in stock, chrome has a 5 day delivery.

He just smiled/frowned and told me that i would get it some time next year!!!! He had only delivered five or six to waiting customers since november.

Henrik

I can´t belive that. I have a black one that gave up due to humidity. I send it to service, called the Leica professional stuff, that I want to buy a chrome one. I had it the next day.

I can´t belive that. I have a black one that gave up due to humidity. I send it to service, called the Leica professional stuff, that I want to buy a chrome one. I had it the next day.

Frank:

Can you tell more about this? What sort of humidity? Cold/Warm?

I am planning to take my M8 to Indonesia in August. Volcanoclimbing.

BTW: lost a Canon 20D to - extreme - humidity in Borneo two years ago.

Six and a half hours drive from Stockholm you are in Oslo. I know of at least two dealers with M8s on their shelves:

FotoVideo Oslo

or

Interfoto Webshop - Leica M8 sølv

Interfoto has just recently bought the norwegian Leica importer; Lars Farnes and is the defacto importer today.

More dealers with M8's in stock in Oslo can be found. I am sure.