Firmware-Update Leica M240 / M262 / Monochrom 246

• 2 weeks later...

I performed the upgrade and while the menu states my firmware is now 2.0.3.0, I've lost no user profile. They are still working as they were before.

Is this a bad sign? Am I lucky?

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

• 2 years later...
49 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Yes. But 512 GB?

Agreed that is an awful lot of video.  That is over an hour of 4K footage. Pro Res video is around 5.3GB/minute. However when you consider that the first storage card I bought for my Leica Digilux Zoom in 1999, was 64MB and it cost me around £100..........Things move on. I  just bought a 256GB micro SD card for my audio streamer (a Chord Electronics 2Go) and it cost me just £34. 

Wilson

Edited by wlaidlaw

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, juzMarc said:

Those with error messages stating that the file cannot be found, please note.

When you use Disk Utility to format your SD card, make sure under the ERASE option, you are selecting ONLY the MS-DOS (FAT) option.

Once done, download the firmware to the newly formatted SD card and you are good to go.

I think it is always a good idea to reformat an SD card in the camera, even after using Disk Utility or as I think better for SD cards, the SD card association's own app 5.0.1 (for Windows or Mac. The version for Linux Ubuntu seems to have vanished).

Wilson  

• 3 weeks later...

the page from leica doesn't download as a FW file, but only the PDF to my computer.  So apparently, I am not smart enough to either use or own a leica.  I get it now.  

https://us.leica-camera.com/Corposite/Service-Support/Support/Downloads?category=93710&subcategory=93711&type=108942&language=93871

Edited by BlackPaint

54 minutes ago, BlackPaint said:

the page from leica doesn't download as a FW file, but only the PDF to my computer.  So apparently, I am not smart enough to either use or own a leica.  I get it now.  

https://us.leica-camera.com/Corposite/Service-Support/Support/Downloads?category=93710&subcategory=93711&type=108942&language=93871

There are two different files on that page. One is the instructions that downloads as a pdf and the other is the firmware that downloads as the file you place on the sd card.