M-D, M-P, M240 and M262 photos. Post them here...

Ernstk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

M240 + Elmarit 28

• Like 4

Graduation in Dordrecht

M240/Canon 50mm F1.4

• Like 2

Dutch landscape, M240 & Summilux 1,4/35mm Canada s/n:2348237 infinity lock 

Edited by 16mm
spelling check
  • Like 17

Some photos from the M-P 240, taken in Tokyo a few years ago. I must confess I never really enjoyed the 240, and didn't like the colour images much - I found them far too artificial, I suppose - but the monochromes that you could get out of that thing were gorgeous.

These were all taken with the 50 Summilux ASPH.

• Like 16

On 6/14/2022 at 10:54 PM, nodrog said:

I must confess I never really enjoyed the 240, and didn't like the colour images much - I found them far too artificial,

I have never shot Jpegs on a 240/262 (M2 & M-D 262 owner), would this be the issue? I admit at times I have to post process some of my DNGs but overall like the look of them. Agree with you about the M monochromes; if I can stop buying lenses, said body will be my next purchase.

Edited by M2Pete
double words

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lockdown - Missouri State Penitentiary
M-P 240
50mm f/1.0 Noctilux #11-822
ISO 800
f/4.0
1.0 sec. w/tripod

click on image for high res view

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 5

Execution Building - Missouri State Penitentiary
M-P 240
21mm Super Elmar #11-145
ISO 400
f/11.0
1/350

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 4

Execution Holding Cell - Missouri State Penitentiary
M-P 240
21mm Super Elmar #11-145
ISO 400
f/13.0
1/2 sec. w/tripod

• Like 3

Gas Chamber - Missouri State Penitentiary
M-P 240
21mm Super Elmar #11-145
ISO 400
f/13.0
1/6 sec. w/tripod

• Like 4

The above images are of a place that was anything but pleasant for those who were incarcerated there or who worked there.  During its years of operation (1836-2004), Missouri State Penitentiary was a brutal place for inmates, guards and staff alike. 

MSP is now a museum that is open to the public for tours.  When I visited there, this prison museum had a dark, oppressive "vibe" of utter hopelessness that permeated the entire facility.  In years gone by, one of the cells housed James Earl Ray, the murderer of Martin Luther King Jr.  Ray wrote his name and the date of his incarceration above the door with a black Magic Marker.  Stepping in to that cell to photograph it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up as if there were an electric current in the air.   Another infamous and savage inmate of MSP was George C. "Tiny" Mercer, a motorcycle gang member, rapist and murderer who was executed for his crimes on January 6, 1989. 

In the image of the execution building, the 50 foot tall vertical steel pipe standing near the center of the building's flat roof would vent the deadly cyanide gas out of the gas chamber after an execution.  The wind would carry it away and disperse it so that no one on the ground would be poisoned or killed by it.  

MSP is not a place that I would care to visit again.  Such places are worthy of being photographed, even if being there is not pleasant.  Perhaps images of these places will cause someone, somewhere who is on a dark path in life to make positive changes in order to avoid ending up in a place like MSP. 

In these images, I decided on over the top post processing as a way to hopefully portray the stark ugliness and despair that this prison emanates from every stone and iron bar with which it was built. 

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

The above images are of a place that was anything but pleasant for those who were incarcerated there or who worked there.  During its years of operation (1836-2004), Missouri State Penitentiary was a brutal place for inmates, guards and staff alike. 

MSP is now a museum that is open to the public for tours.  When I visited there, this prison museum had a dark, oppressive "vibe" of utter hopelessness that permeated the entire facility.  In years gone by, one of the cells housed James Earl Ray, the murderer of Martin Luther King Jr.  Ray wrote his name and the date of his incarceration above the door with a black Magic Marker.  Stepping in to that cell to photograph it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up as if there were an electric current in the air.   Another infamous and savage inmate of MSP was George C. "Tiny" Mercer, a motorcycle gang member, rapist and murderer who was executed for his crimes on January 6, 1989. 

In the image of the execution building, the 50 foot tall vertical steel pipe standing near the center of the building's flat roof would vent the deadly cyanide gas out of the gas chamber after an execution.  The wind would carry it away and disperse it so that no one on the ground would be poisoned or killed by it.  

MSP is not a place that I would care to visit again.  Such places are worthy of being photographed, even if being there is not pleasant.  Perhaps images of these places will cause someone, somewhere who is on a dark path in life to make positive changes in order to avoid ending up in a place like MSP. 

In these images, I decided on over the top post processing as a way to hopefully portray the stark ugliness and despair that this prison emanates from every stone and iron bar with which it was built. 

Interesting interpretation and analysis.  I live just down the road and have known people that spent time in "The Big House".  The institution definitely emphasized penal vs reform.

• Like 2

Busy traffic

MP240 + 35 cron ASPH V1

• Like 2

I just got a M 240 yesterdaY and am very much a beginner. 

here’s some playground shots with a  vintage LTM 90mm F4 Elmar LTM lens

Edited by mmanda
  • Like 4

M240 & Summilux 1,4/35mm Canada s/n:2348237 infinity lock

Silverback gorilla

• Like 13

On 6/27/2022 at 11:44 AM, 16mm said:

M240 & Summilux 1,4/35mm Canada s/n:2348237 infinity lock

Silverback gorilla

Impressive. You must have been very close (behind cage bars?) with a 35mm - or perhaps you cropped the original image (nothing wrong with it AFAIC)?

11 hours ago, Ecar said:

Impressive. You must have been very close (behind cage bars?) with a 35mm - or perhaps you cropped the original image (nothing wrong with it AFAIC)?

I was behind a glass wall :)

• Haha 1

M240 and 35mm 7artisans F2 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

M240 and 35 mm 7artisans F2

• Like 6