jlm adapter coding - which paint?

MP3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Will receive John's LT-M8 adapter soon. Preparing to code it for my CV21/4.

Is there any link showing the coding of this adapter? To be specific, I'm just considering what polish paint or model paint to use, seems to be some matt black ones. Will I need to put white on the cell or just leave them there. Any advice ?

Cheers

Matthew

Thank you dear guys for your prompt kind advices. Though I might not be able to look for the same brands of model paint as you mentioned, I will for sure look for the matt ones.

Jaapv, thanks for Carsten's link too =)

Martin, the adapter cost USD150.- John is quick in delivery. His adapter from NY arrive here in 4 days!

I did it with nail polish on the recommendation of Sean Reid. The advantage of nail polish is that it can be removed with nail polish remover. I used Wetnwild 424A (black) and 449C(white). They are 99 cents each at Walgreens. Sean recommends painting one hole at a time and filling it. Let it dry. He uses an old credit card to scrape the top down after each hole is filled.

John, thank you very much for your quick delivery. The adapter is well made and fit perfectly with both the SM lens and M8. Many thanks.

Martin, it is confirmed that all adapters are available now at USD20 USPS international shippment.

I did it with nail polish on the recommendation of Sean Reid. The advantage of nail polish is that it can be removed with nail polish remover. I used Wetnwild 424A (black) and 449C(white). They are 99 cents each at Walgreens. Sean recommends painting one hole at a time and filling it. Let it dry. He uses an old credit card to scrape the top down after each hole is filled.

Hi Cindy,

I'm glad that worked well for you. One note - I scrape the surface of the adapter (from the inside to the outer edge) after I paint each hole (so while its still wet).

Cheers,

Sean

Got it with matt black and matt white nail paint, toothpick, plastic card, nail polish liquid liquid and cotton stick. My M8 now treat my CV21 as the 21 Elmarit asph. Took a few comparative shots with 'on & UV-IR' and 'off'. It works!

Thanks for all your kind advices.

For my jlm adapter for the CV15, I used OPI Nail Lacquer: "Alpine Snow" and "Black Onyx."

So far it has worked fine...but, I have alot of (Goth?) nail polish left over.

More importantly, has anyone had a problem with their paint choice working intermittantly with their adapter? Or, it has stopped working?

Bob Pierce

For my jlm adapter for the CV15, I used OPI Nail Lacquer: "Alpine Snow" and "Black Onyx."

So far it has worked fine...but, I have alot of (Goth?) nail polish left over.

More importantly, has anyone had a problem with their paint choice working intermittantly with their adapter? Or, it has stopped working?

Bob Pierce

Hi Bob,

I've been using painted adapters for several months now and they all work consistently.

Cheers,

Sean