Which Arca compatible plate for the T?

pgk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Having just bought a T for some specific uses (it has a 60mm macro Elmarit on it) can I have some recommendations for a small, neat and effective Arca dovetail type plate for both camera body and M adapter please (not bothered about manufacturer so much as easy availability in the UK - happy to order from a reliable seller anywhere)?

I got the Peak Design Capture Clip Pro. This one comes with this small plate. This so-called "Microplate" is available as a single item

https://www.peakdesign.com/product/clips/microplate

This post shows my Microplate from Peak Design. It is Acra compatible and small and fits nicely to the T.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

This post shows my Microplate from Peak Design. It is Acra compatible and small and fits nicely to the T.

Thanks but it appears not to be anti-twist and somewhat over complex. I am looking for a simple (anti-twist) plate if available) - has anyone tried the Acratech 2173 or the Kirk PZ-130?

Edited by pgk

I just tested the PZ-130.  It does fit on fine and does seem to clamp down and doesn't twist.  I have not mounted it on a tripod as of yet nor put a lens on the camera.  I only had time for a quick and dirty test.  Even though the the plate is small it does overhang slightly.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

RE.: PEAK DESIGN 

I have the Peak Design, RRS and Kirk Arca plates and frankly, none of them slip or rotate once secured. My plates are secured with a thumb tightening folding half ring. I use those to avoid over-torquing.

The Arca plate shown is a Peak Design standard size. There is also a narrower one that is recommended for the Leica T, but this one works fine. FYI the case is an Arte de Mano. Very soft and tactile.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jevidon

RE.: PEAK DESIGN 

I have the Peak Design, RRS and Kirk Arca plates and frankly, none of them slip or rotate once secured. My plates are secured with a thumb tightening folding half ring. I use those to avoid over-torquing.

The Arca plate shown is a Peak Design standard size. There is also a narrower one that is recommended for the Leica T, but this one works fine. . FYI the case is by Arte de Mano and is soft and tactile

and looks great.

Edited by jevidon

This is what I went for - Really Right Stuff BPnS-S - and there are now a couple of EU based suppliers - I bought from: https://www.augenblicke-eingefangen.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2252&anc=y&language=en&translation=&osCsid=0ffce25703f2a6365be8068c2f994afa

who were very helpful (in English too - always handy for a monoglot like me ;) ) and supplied quickly and at reasonable price (cheaper than a small order from RRS themselves).

• 8 months later...

This is what I went for - Really Right Stuff BPnS-S - and there are now a couple of EU based suppliers - I bought from: https://www.augenblicke-eingefangen.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2252&anc=y&language=en&translation=&osCsid=0ffce25703f2a6365be8068c2f994afa

who were very helpful (in English too - always handy for a monoglot like me ;) ) and supplied quickly and at reasonable price (cheaper than a small order from RRS themselves).

I just received my RRS BPnS-S plate. It has a raised lip that just fits the Leica T (TL) body and it locks down nicely. But because of the raised lip, don't even think of using it with a body case on the camera as it will sit at a cocked angle.

As much as I like Peak Design clips, straps, cuffs, clutches and leashes and I use all of it, the Peak Design camera plate is the weak link in the system. I would go so far as to say it is downright crap and can easily twist with a mirrorless aps-c camera and prime lens.

If you don't want to run to the cost of Arca Swiss, the obvious options are RRS or Kirk, but prices aren't much lower anyway. There are seemingly dozens of cheap Far-Eastern knock-off plates on EBay. Personally, I stick with Arca despite being more expensive.

Edited by honcho

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I use the smallest plate made by FLM QRP-20 its narrower than the body of the T the only slight annoyance is you have to remove it to release the battery. Available from Snapperstuff in the UK

Edited by floyd