ebay - a cautionary tale

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would wait for there user database and if you have gear stolen in the meantime I would report only stolen gear to them. But i would also have pictures of your gear and a list of serial numbers and give that to your insurance company, than get a rider policy on your homeowners to specifically cover that gear. Myself I have business insurance that covers all my , gear , computers and a large liability coverage but this is more for professionals. But do capture all your serial numbers and put in safe place. i should talk need to do the same thing.LOL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guy_mancuso

What is interesting Bill is with the M system today you have to give the list price for replacement and not retail. The value of the gear has risen to the point beyond retail. if i bought my 2 cron at 2200 a couple months ago , now i would have to give the replacement costs at 2800 simply because you can't find one used and even new for that matter. Right now if everything was stolen, it would be a absolute bear to get all new gear at any price. This is one reason i bought all the lenses i could get back when because i knew it would be like this today. I really have everything I need and don't even look anymore. i really feel for folks looking for new glass. It's hell out there . Really proves my initial theory on the M8 when announced. Now i guess my insurance rates will go right along with it. LOL

Guest guy_mancuso

Since we are on a related topic , i do warn M8 users that this camera is becoming very popular in the real world and thiefs will pick up on it soon enought , 5 k for a camera you can stick in your pocket. My wife just got ripped off in NY two weeks ago with her little purse in a nice hotel no less

Alan - Guy

This is from Leica UK - nothing to do with Solms - I'm not certain, but the impression I got was that the guy told them that the items had been stolen, and they then checked up when I sent the lens in. So it would be a UK list, not a German one.

Jono, Guy, Alan,

It would have been Leica UK at Milton Keynes. When I called them last year after my R9/DSMR was stolen, they said that thye did not have th stolen database on line any more. But they were happy to register my details on the Leica UK database

Charlie