How to max th battery lifetime.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

How do you get the maximum out of your battery? The other day I was at a birthday, I shoot primarily via EVF with the camera set to the shortest time before it goes into standby. Anyway I experienced after just over 100 exposures that the camera should have new battery. Anyone have some hints and tricks?

Best regards

Henrik

Which battieres are you using? Leica, Chili, Panasonic?

In any case, if the battery is new, it will take a few charges before it reaches full storage capacity.

In my experience so far, it will also depend on whether you are doing things like focus tracking or lots of reviewing/deleting while you work.

I have 2 official Leica batteries and have no issues with them dying out quickly....

I have had my Q since last June and have only once run out of battery. I was shooting  max size DNG and B&W jpg. when the battery went out i had a total of 650 files. i only use the LCD to make menue changes and have the camera set to turn off as quickly as possible. Using official Leica battery and Scandisk 32gig 95MB/s cards.

I have had my Q since last June and have only once run out of battery. I was shooting  max size DNG and B&W jpg. when the battery went out i had a total of 650 files. i only use the LCD to make menue changes and have the camera set to turn off as quickly as possible. Using official Leica battery and Scandisk 32gig 95MB/s cards.

When you say 650 I guess you saying 325 exposures (325 jpg + 325 dng) or?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

More or less same for me.

I have 2 official Leica batteries and have no issues with them dying out quickly....

Same here.

Usually swap and recharge as soon as one of the three battery level markers disappears, but that's never before 3~400 shots.

Now, I don't use focus tracking, do very few movies and don't check the pictures very often (other than through the 1-s automatic preview)

H

I noticed as well that after a few recharges the original batteries will last long and I could not find any problems. I am just back from  a travel. I did not even need to change the battery, although the camera was  used constantly . What I do is to put it off when the shot or the series is being finished even it is only for a shot interruption. I do not shoot movies but I check the pictures. From my side I can find no problems with the batteries.