HenrikP

Problem with the EVF!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, my Q is undergoing the same procedure but they are charging me 520 plus VAT...

if you could post or PM your service order number so I could reference that in my communication with them I would be very grateful.

16 hours ago, faxao said:

UPDATE: The baby is finally back from Wetzlar with a shining brand new EVF. After a series of back and forth emails with Leica support service (both Milan and Wetzlar) they have offered to me the replacement of the EVF + CLA at € 320,00 (slightly less than the initial request of € 511,00). I have accepted the offer and now I have my Q back ready to make me happy again. Not exactly what I have hoped and insisted for but still a decent result. 😋

Very good that you have your Q back in a very good condition !

Price reduction: Be happy that you do not have a Ferrari or Bentley!!! Two years is two years.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:55 AM, olarsson said:

Well, my Q is undergoing the same procedure but they are charging me 520 plus VAT...

if you could post or PM your service order number so I could reference that in my communication with them I would be very grateful.

After e-mailing Leica HQ I also got a 50% reduction of the repair costs. This seems to be the general directive for these repairs if the camera is out of warranty but otherwise well kept. They also said that if the decision comes later, after further investigations into the reasons behind the EVF-defects, to treat the it as a good will issue the cost will be fully refunded.