"Looking Up"

MT0227

aha, you've made your way to my real "neighborhood" ( I live on 54th and 2nd)

Excellent photo and POV; the contrast works really well.

I was actually just there yesterday but haven't scanned the film yet...

Here are a couple of my first attempts... (which are throw-aways but got me warmed up

)

Thanks Adam.....your comments are much appreciated.  I had to visit my uncle at Lennox Hill, he is fine and home now.  I put a roll of TX in my M6 and walked from 75th Street, down Park to 42nd, and across to the PABT.  This was just one of the shots I took along the way (I will post a small set soon).  I finally had a chance to test out the M6 I have on trial with B&H.  The images carried some nice contrast out of the box, the results seem promising.  I thought I could get away with adding a bit more contrast to the shot above given the flat, white, overcast sky.   I plan to shoot a roll of Portra and Tmax through it for comparison, but I think it's going to be a keeper.  

Now...let's discuss your "throw-aways".  Both are quite fantastic, however the first is quite exceptional; the perspective is awesome.  I was only carrying a 50mm lens, so I had to look for a different shot.   Looking forward to seeing what you did after you warmed up...lol.

Thanks Adam.....your comments are much appreciated.  I had to visit my uncle at Lennox Hill, he is fine and home now.  I put a roll of TX in my M6 and walked from 75th Street, down Park to 42nd, and across to the PABT.  This was just one of the shots I took along the way (I will post a small set soon).  I finally had a chance to test out the M6 I have on trial with B&H.  The images carried some nice contrast out of the box, the results seem promising.  I thought I could get away with adding a bit more contrast to the shot above given the flat, white, overcast sky.   I plan to shoot a roll of Portra and Tmax through it for comparison, but I think it's going to be a keeper.  

Now...let's discuss your "throw-aways".  Both are quite fantastic, however the first is quite exceptional; the perspective is awesome.  I was only carrying a 50mm lens, so I had to look for a different shot.   Looking forward to seeing what you did after you warmed up...lol.

sounds good, Marc.  I'm very excited for you and look forward to you sharing your results with the portra and tmax.  You are doing great.