finarphin

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

That is a fine portrait with a great tonal quality.

Gerry

Thank you; I'm trying to apply my best f64 Group technique; it seems to be getting easier with certain digital cameras, presumably the software is getting better, especially the coupling between the meter and the shutter.  This was near sundown, in the shade.

Position of plane of focus is good. The camera has focus assist, but with this shot it failed to help me much; the little stripes didn't really show up.  Sharpness is pretty good, although it looks much better at 4000 x 6000.  I think it has the full complement of zones (Zones I through IX), and the proportion of the surface area in the picture occupied by Zones I and IX is low (no blocking of high values).  It also, in my opinion, it has good balance: Zones I-III vs. Zones IV-VI vs. Zones VII-IX.  Here, the black vest -- a wardrobe change -- was definitive.  I'm trying to get used to this Elmar, since I've decided I like 90mm lenses for portraits.  I have another shot of this person using a Voigtlander 75mm lens, which, though sharper, doesn't look as good.  Subject lacks the vest, and also the rendition of the lens isn't as good.

There is nothing you can do to make this photo better.

It is just fine. Exactly the way it is

Thank you; I think so too.  I made a lot of adjustments with my photo editing software, and this is about it.  Thanks again.