Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Leica Film Odyssey for a beginner

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Currently at the optimism having a diopter made for my PM5 prison finder. Then heading out to take som test shots with the Blad

Currently at the optimism having a diopter made for my PM5 prison finder. Then heading out to take som test shots with the Blad

Good things, optimisms. Always put me in a good mood. 

'Prison finder'

That would have been very useful for Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynott when he was writing Jailbreak. Apparently there's 'going to be a jailbreak, somewhere in this town'.

Try the area around the jail Phil.

I'll get me coat.......

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

This morning I fuc$$d up again. Yesterday I was shooting Delt100 and metered apropeatly. This morning I shot a roll of TRIX400 and metered at ISO 100....... Forgot to change ISO on meter. Blad was set at 400

Can I save that film when I deveolp it by adjusting the times and if so by how much???

This morning I fuc$$d up again. Yesterday I was shooting Delt100 and metered apropeatly. This morning I shot a roll of TRIX400 and metered at ISO 100....... Forgot to change ISO on meter. Blad was set at 400

Can I save that film when I deveolp it by adjusting the times and if so by how much???

Well I didn't have to wait long...Impaled by the Blad...

Edited by MarkP

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well I didn't have to wait long...Impaled by the Blad...

well cheers Mark....... That helped a bunch

The frames will be overexposed by 2 stops (2 EV's).  I suggest reducing development time by 10-15%, ie "pull development".  And do your scanning as flat (low contrast) as possible.

You'll be surprised what can be achieved. Depending on your subjects may be entirely useable...it is only two stops and B&W film is pretty forgiving.

However I defer to the film experts here...there may be better compensation developers to use.

all best..

Edited by david strachan

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

The frames will be overexposed by 2 stops (2 EV's). I suggest reducing development time by 10-15%, ie "pull development". And do your scanning as flat (low contrast) as possible.

You'll be surprised what can be achieved. Depending on your subjects may be entirely useable...it is only two stops and B&W film is pretty forgiving.

However I defer to the film experts here...there may be better compensation developers to use.

all best..

Thanks a lot Dave I will give that a bash

Processed them yet Neil?

How do you "figure your development times"?

I use the Massive Dev Chart on my phone. Have look at it if you don't already have it. Anyway, they will have a list of films, and developers, then most have the "ASA"/ISO you rated the film at.

Give it a go, I'd say you won't be doomed, not ideal sure, but not doomed.

Gary

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Processed them yet Neil?

How do you "figure your development times"?

I use the Massive Dev Chart on my phone. Have look at it if you don't already have it. Anyway, they will have a list of films, and developers, then most have the "ASA"/ISO you rated the film at.

Give it a go, I'd say you won't be doomed, not ideal sure, but not doomed.

Gary

Just saw this Gary......Yes I have that app and use it all the time

:) 

Hi all,

I am about to acquire a MP only for BW film. First question is I know many like TriX400 and amazon still sells them. But also i know the production has changed so shluld i trust and buy it or is there a new BW 400 film. My second question is, should I use filters or not. Some says I have to use yellow / orange filters otherwise the sky will be washed out.

Chees,

Fatih

Hi all,

I am about to acquire a MP only for BW film. First question is I know many like TriX400 and amazon still sells them. But also i know the production has changed so shluld i trust and buy it or is there a new BW 400 film. My second question is, should I use filters or not. Some says I have to use yellow / orange filters otherwise the sky will be washed out.

Chees,

Fatih

Fatih congrats for the MP .

About BW400CN film is now stopped by Kodak.

TX400 is still produced and my Shop Photo said me that he sells a lot of this film !

That's also one of my favorite films , perhaps the best . When you purchase by ten roll it's less

expensive.

For yellow or orange filter , its depends on your style shots, in ex. for landscapes ,  if you want

more contrast for clouds, use it , yellow has less in comparison with orange. I have both but

use rarely. I prefer "natural"  landscape 

Please post your pictures with us , in "I like film" thread . Thanks

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/page-1757

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry

Please remember what I said about removing the lens with the shutter uncocked. There will be tears otherwise, and it has happened to every Hassie user, even if they don't like to admit it.

What Chris said. Get one of these and be happy.

\