Transfer existing photos via wifi?

jrk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm new to the Q. My experiences so far have been positive, but I'm confounded by the wifi image transfer behavior.

It seems that there are two modes:

1. Remote Control
  2. Backup

Great, this makes sense and mirrors what I expect: one mode is tethered control over a remote camera, the other lets you just download photos from it.

Every similar thing I've seen allows selection of photos from the existing roll in "Backup" or equivalent mode, for example using the app to pick and choose which already-shot photos to transfer to the phone. The Leica app, meanwhile, only seems capable of transferring shots taken while the camera is actively connected to the app in backup mode.

Is this true?

This is a bizarre limitation, and doesn't fit what I assume to be the common model of shooting un-tethered, then periodically squirting a few shots over to the phone to tweak or share while on the go.

Pointers to an obvious setting I'm missing—or confirmation that I'm not crazy—welcome.

Thanks!

If you are in Remote Control mode you can see your images.  There is a download button that will download the images you want to your camera roll and you can pick them from there using Photos, Lightroom Mobile, etc.  JPEGs only and I'm not sure of the resolution.

• Like 1

Pete, and Jrk.

they are full resolution, but only JPEG.   I use a variety of free apps on my iPad to create very presentable images. 

Also consider that your phone or tablet is able to back up these images to cloud storage and can be brought back to laptops etc later.  .  Lots of flexibility.  

• 8 months later...

Pete, and Jrk.

they are full resolution, but only JPEG.   I use a variety of free apps on my iPad to create very presentable images. 

Also consider that your phone or tablet is able to back up these images to cloud storage and can be brought back to laptops etc later.  .  Lots of flexibility.  

Cloud storage is preferred in these days. very convenient to browser them on different devices.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you are in Remote Control mode you can see your images.  There is a download button that will transfer images you want to your camera roll and you can pick them from there using Photos, Lightroom Mobile, etc.  JPEGs only and I'm not sure of the resolution.

The resolution is slighted decreased after transfer.