pictures of your digilux 3/l1 with manual focus lenses.

imnotaniceboy

Here are photos two of my favorite manual-focus lenses on my L1: The first is with a 45mm/f2.8 Contax Tessar and the second is with a Voigtlander 12mm/f5.6. In fact, it's turning out that, more often than not, whenever I do use this camera, one or the other of these lenses is mounted on it. For some reason, I rarely use the 14-50 zoom that came with it and whenever I need a focal length in between 12mm and 45mm, I tend to reach for my LC1 instead...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

if the aperture is in f16 with a R lens does the viewfinder gets darker?

Yes, the viewfinder gets darker because less light is reaching the sensor. However, if you're using the LCD instead of the viewfinder, it will automatically compensate for this and get brighter ... to a point. In my experience, though, once you reach the point where you're shooting at two seconds or longer @ f5.6 (i.e., EV 4 or less), the image on the LCD is dark enough as to effectively be invisible. This also means using the LCD to judge exposure can be misleading under some circumstances, something I learned the hard way...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here are photos two of my favorite manual-focus lenses on my L1: The first is with a 45mm/f2.8 Contax Tessar and the second is with a Voigtlander 12mm/f5.6. In fact, it's turning out that, more often than not, whenever I do use this camera, one or the other of these lenses is mounted on it. For some reason, I rarely use the 14-50 zoom that came with it and whenever I need a focal length in between 12mm and 45mm, I tend to reach for my LC1 instead...

Wow - the camera gets a completely different look with the new glass - do you have any pictures you've shot with them?

It almost looks like the L1 can be a replacement for an M8 in a pinch...(heresy, I know)

So sad the image get darker with closed apertures. What do you do? live view all the time?

In my case, Yes, I use Live View most of the time, but not because I have to but because I'm primarily a view-camera user and it's more like the ground-glass I prefer. As for the viewfinder getting dark when the lens is stopped down, this isn't usually a problem as I can't imagine using f16 any more often than very infrequently and in bright light, you can still compose quite easily at f8 and sometimes even f11...

do you imagen D manual focus lenses in the size of the contax 45mm? that will be super. and maybe a little bit smaller digilux 4. A least the size of the digilux 2. It will be like the m8 reflex.

Don't forget that a 45mm lens on a D3/L1 is equivalent to 90mm on a 35mm format camera and 60mm on an M8; i.e., a bit longer than what most people find desirable. Personally, I like the 45mm on my L1 because it makes a great portrait lens but it's not one I would ever take shooting all by itself (which is why I also have the 12mm Voigtlander ... the two make for a great combo, IMO).

As promised:

In-camera jpegs by D2:

Contax mount Zeiss Distagon 35mm/2.8

Elmarit R 90mm/2.8

OM Zuiko 24mm/2.8

Here is one of the Digilux 3 with an OM 28mm on it.

As promised:

In-camera jpegs by D2:

Contax mount Zeiss Distagon 35mm/2.8

Elmarit R 90mm/2.8

OM Zuiko 24mm/2.8

Wow - the "new" glass and the black tape really gives the L1 the look of a high-end film camera...Especially the Elmarit. I can't wait to pick up some adapters and a few more lenses for my d3.

Wow - the "new" glass and the black tape really gives the L1 the look of a high-end film camera...Especially the Elmarit. I can't wait to pick up some adapters and a few more lenses for my d3.

Not sure if the D3 + black tape will achive the same effect! :cool: You'll need quite a lot!

audidudi, your L1 and your Voigtlander 12mm with a 24mm viewfinder and a Double Accessory Shoe just to have the viewfinder in the center will be a really nice idea. In that way youll see optical and clear at all apertures.

almost botton page. For those of you how dont know what im talking about.

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtacc.htm

Don't forget that a 45mm lens on a D3/L1 is equivalent to 90mm on a 35mm format camera and 60mm on an M8; i.e., a bit longer than what most people find desirable. Personally, I like the 45mm on my L1 because it makes a great portrait lens but it's not one I would ever take shooting all by itself (which is why I also have the 12mm Voigtlander ... the two make for a great combo, IMO).

Hi Jeffery, What adapter are you using with the Voigtlander lens on your L1? I have 3 Voigtlander lenses and I'd love to use them on my L1..Where did you purchase it? Thanks in advance..Bill ~