CornerFix for Windows available for download

sandymc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Operator error is not unknown at 3 in the morning (my time). I just redid them and posted new copies. The files are different sizes now. The same links will work. Thanks for catching this.

One factor is an unfortunate default in the CornerFix program. When you load one file after another and make a profile for each, the filename.cpf that it suggests is always the first file loaded, rather than the filename of the .dng file that you are currently working on. I expect that will get changed, but it is still this way in version .4 this evening.

scott

Guest zebra

0.9.0.4 doesn't dither, but does use some anti-aliasing code that in effect gives the same result.

That is now better. Thanks!

Peter

Operator error is not unknown at 3 in the morning (my time). I just redid them and posted new copies. The files are different sizes now. The same links will work. Thanks for catching this.

One factor is an unfortunate default in the CornerFix program. When you load one file after another and make a profile for each, the filename.cpf that it suggests is always the first file loaded, rather than the filename of the .dng file that you are currently working on. I expect that will get changed, but it is still this way in version .4 this evening.

scott

I think Sandy is working on that.

Cheers,

Sean

Current release plan:

0.9.0.5 - workflow upgrade - batch mode, smarter files names, etc; timing: days away. This will still be 8-bit, but will likely be the last 8-bit version

0.9.1.0 - 16 DNG saves; timing: ???

Sandy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please keep the 16bit DNG optional. I'm not bothered by your very slight posterization, and I want to keep the files so that C1 will handle them, and not end up immediately in PS or LightRoom.

scott

Scott,

Hmm, I was rather hoping that C1 would handle 16 bit files. But if not, then definitely I'll keep it optional. I'll e-mail you a 16-bit file to play with as soon as one is generated.

Sandy

Scott,

Hmm, I was rather hoping that C1 would handle 16 bit files. But if not, then definitely I'll keep it optional. I'll e-mail you a 16-bit file to play with as soon as one is generated.

Sandy

Can you put me on your mailing list if possible please, I'll run against 'that image' of mine.

George

Scott,

Sandy

OK. I use C1 Pro, but can set up a C1 LE version to test with as well. I also have a current LightRoom and very old Photoshop CS1. Do you have C1, or are you using Adobe products? They do accept a generic DNG and always do something with it. C1's policy has been to pretend that that they don't even see a file which is not recognized as a bog-standard product of a camera that they have profiled and announced support for. They have suggested that in their coming (when?) version 4.0 they will accept generic DNG files and try to do something reasonable with them. Still, this would mean using an untuned profile at first.

scott

OK. I use C1 Pro, but can set up a C1 LE version to test with as well. I also have a current LightRoom and very old Photoshop CS1. Do you have C1, or are you using Adobe products? They do accept a generic DNG and always do something with it. C1's policy has been to pretend that that they don't even see a file which is not recognized as a bog-standard product of a camera that they have profiled and announced support for. They have suggested that in their coming (when?) version 4.0 they will accept generic DNG files and try to do something reasonable with them. Still, this would mean using an untuned profile at first.

scott

Scott,

I run LightRoom pretty much exclusively. I guess this is going to depend on how C1 sees the 16-bit DNG - it will have all the same tags, EXIF info, etc, but just will have the raw data in 16 bit uncompressed form rather than in 8-bit compressed form. We'll see soon enough(!)

Sandy

Scott, it looks as if both the updated files differ from the previous version. Are they both different from what was there before?

tnx,

It's likely. They were both done with release 1.09.04, and perhaps the previous ones used 1.09.03, which was in effect two days ago. Are you running diff on all of them? I'd like to find a Windows equivalent of that.

My white wall is nice and uniform, but really boring. Have you run some more interesting things through the program with these profiles and can you show them?

scott

Scott,

Sandy

C1, generally speaking, does handle 16-bit files. I think what Scott is suggesting is that the program expects to see 8-bit DNG files from the M8. Have you had a chance to try this out to see what happens in C1?

Cheers,

Sean

C1, generally speaking, does handle 16-bit files. I think what Scott is suggesting is that the program expects to see 8-bit DNG files from the M8. Have you had a chance to try this out to see what happens in C1?

Cheers,

Sean

Sean,

No - getting 16-bit files is going to take some major surgery on CornerFix, so it will be a while.

An experiment would be a DMR file - the 16-bit output should look quite like a DMR file, only with the tags, names, etc showing as M8

Sandy

Cheers,

Sean

I'll try it once Sandy sends me one, and post the result.

scott

... My white wall is nice and uniform, but really boring. Have you run some more interesting things through the program with these profiles and can you show them?

scott

I will start working with cornerfix this weekend with my 24 and 35 'lux-A. Thanks for these profiles.

Hi Sandy, I've just done a couple of profiles - one for my CV25. I have processed the same DNG through to Photoshop CS3 and also via Corner Fix in parallel and when at the RAW conversion step I sycronised the settings as comparison on how much effect on the image from this lens with corner fix. Really see if that lens really needed fixing everytime it is used since previous uses did not show much of an issue.

One noticable thing is that the sky from Corner Fix has more grain / noise visible and road & pavement area has a colour shift. I'll do another lens profile over the weekend and paint a larger board with white emulsion to use and do it in bright light to. Would you expect any issues with the colour of the surface used to make the test DNG or the light level (so long as it reasonable daylight) or colour temperature of the light throughout the day with/without clouds, etc.

I can post the two images here as jpegs but the size may preclude some of what I have tried to explain. As I said I'll get a larger white surface and have another go over the weekend. With all these test issues some could be 'user error' from this end.

krs, George

Hello Scott!

Please keep the 16bit DNG optional. I'm not bothered by your very slight posterization, and I want to keep the files so that C1 will handle them, and not end up immediately in PS or LightRoom.

Of course, Capture One will handle 16 Bit DNGs for M8.

Only limitation, the values have not to exceed 16383 (14-Bit in fact).