Lens hood thread ??

I don’t expect to ever experience the lens cap falling off. Mine is still in the box after two years. I never plan to use it. I have chosen to use an op tech lens cover when my camera is in the bag. Otherwise I go with just the hood and no cap.

• Like 1

Get a piece of thin sticky velvet and stick a strip in.

I accomplished the same thing with simple gaffers tape, about 2 inch long strips on opposite sides of the inside rim of the lens cap. The fit is perfect, but one can always stack an additional one or two strips to make it even tighter.

Just got that OP/Tech mini hood - good idea.  For a little extra protection, get a B+W (Schneider) 65mm press-on cap and put it in the bottom of the mini hood as the hood is pretty soft - that will add a little more bump protection.  

I don’t expect to ever experience the lens cap falling off. Mine is still in the box after two years. I never plan to use it. I have chosen to use an op tech lens cover when my camera is in the bag. Otherwise I go with just the hood and no cap.

• Like 1

Just got that OP/Tech mini hood - good idea. For a little extra protection, get a B+W (Schneider) 65mm press-on cap and put it in the bottom of the mini hood as the hood is pretty soft - that will add a little more bump protection.

Good idea. Thanks.