Sign in to follow this  
SirPiet

Summilux TL available

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Very encouraging first results, Andrew. Thanks for posting them.

Gary, that Leica Rumors picture is designed to make the lens look big. Didn’t they do something similar with the SL to exaggerate its bulk?

I agree Euston, the pics posted by Andrew do look great.

And really I'm only grumbling about the size because I always have.

Gary

And to be seen here.

http://leicarumors.com/2016/03/07/the-new-leica-summilux-tl-%E2%80%8935mm-f1-4-asph-lens-is-now-shipping.aspx/leica-summilux-tl-%E2%80%8935mm-f1-4-asph-lens/

This really just reinforces what I have felt for ages, too big. I look at my Fuji XF35/1.4 and then at the pictures of the new Summilux and shake my head.

Gary

OMG. I had no idea they were so........BIG

Don't be misled by the Leica Rumours photos, the hood is big, but the naked lens is absolutely fine.

On the T the feel is similar to the 11-23, one of my favourite lenses, on the SL the size is practically perfect.

Still far too large for my taste (at least for a lens that I'd want to carry around outside of either a paid job or other serious photographic undertaking). For some personal perspective, I'm not keen on the size of my 35 Summilux M lens. 

the hood is big, but the naked lens is absolutely fine.

Isn't the point of the hood to use it, though? 

Edited by wattsy

Guest Alxndr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is it widely available yet? (I'm specifically interested in availability in the NL 

)

A.

I want to buy the new TL 35mm lens. I saw there is a Leica 60mm UV filter but no polarizing filter.

I'm looking for one B+W has one. How is the quality and is it a good choice?

Gerjan

I'm looking for one B+W has one. How is the quality and is it a good choice?

B+W is a good choice, I have used the F-Pro Polarizing Filter on the 23mm Summicron-T with excellent results.

Guest Alxndr

Here it is in black on a T. I decreased the availability a bit today... 

First impression (apart from its apparent build quality): it's size turns out to be a non-issue (to me). OK, it's bigger than the 18-56 zoom, but not as much as I thought it would be. And it really makes for a balanced combination (size wise as well as weight wise). But maybe you have to see and feel it in your hand to come to that conclusion.

Edited by Alxndr

Guest Alxndr

I've waited very long for a combination like this. My other two T-lenses probably won't see daylight for the coming period...

looks beautiful. I ordered one and will use it on my SL

I don't mean to troll and quite possibly I am missing something but that looks like a rather overpriced 10MP combo to me. After all, a T lens works in crop mode on the SL. 

I know but the SL lens will be available at the end off this year.

The TL is a smaller and lighter lens for the SL and the 10.5mb is enough for me because I never do any printing.

I own a M8 as well with also 10.5mb and the results on a 27" Apple screen are perfect.

Gerjan

I don't mean to troll and quite possibly I am missing something but that looks like a rather overpriced 10MP combo to me. After all, a T lens works in crop mode on the SL. 

Am in total agreement for use on the SL.  I don't own an SL, but wonder when they come out with a full frame version, how that will work on the T.  If I had an SL, I would wait.

Dear fellow T users,

Any chance on seeing some more samples, maybe even full size? My lens has not yet arrived unfortunately...

Is info available today about the size of the 50mm Summilux for the SL?

Edited by tri