Oddly rotated photos in LR

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anybody had this problem or know of a solution? Recently some of my photos are importing into Lightroom with odd rotations some of which I cannot fix.

I'm using the latest firmware and the latest Lightroom and it only happens when I take a photo at an odd angle not 0 or 90 degrees. When the picture is imported into LR it represents this angle in the photo and often crops it into the nearest 90 frame and often times leaves white triangles in the corners. When it's only a dew degrees off it is no problem, I can just rotate the image into fitting in the white parts around and the image. My problem is when I'm shooting nearly straight up or down and the angle is quite off more than 45 degrees.  

i only seem to have 3 tools. The transform image tool which allows me to rotate the image 90° clockwise or counterclockwise.  The rotate tool under the lens corrections which allows rotations up to 45°.  And the rotate function under the crop tool which also is limited to 45°. I think I've tried basically everything and I haven't found a combination of these tools that allow me to fix every image.

This only seems to happen with the Leica T with the latest firmware. Is there anything that I am missing somewhere or is there some other tool in lightroom that will allow me to fix this?

sounds like you have a preset on import that applies the auto feature of straighten, it's in the crop & straighten section. check on import presets and you should be able to fix that. alternatively, go to the crop & straighten and hit reset to get the original image back

Thank you that was it. I'm not sure how that snuck into my default import preset. I had "level" checked. My best guess is that when I setup my preset the photo that I used to set the standard happened to have "level" set and I'd been using it for months and not realizing it because I had been taking shots conventional enough that it didn't show up but then when I started shooting something different straight up or straight down kinds of things, then the problem showed up.