Advertisement (gone after registration)

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1599/24693199223_5742ff97b7_b.jpg&key=9c8d721dd70d4e0c1797e83623d038fcc74f03fbd55cc43ee613faee528b7c51">

Michelle

MP w/50mm Summicron on FP4+ in HC110 H

very nice soul in this one, Dave.  You might consider slightly cropping in order to move the subject ore to the right third of the frame.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By dancook
      I'm craving an M10M (not sure if my wife Louise will understand) but here's some from the Q2 on Saturday

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! London Street by Daniel Cook, on Flickr
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! London Street by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

• By gwpics
      Whilst sat at the traffic lights today I noticed this guy and managed to shoot it very quickly through the closed window of my car. First time I have tried this.
      Leica M240 + 35mm Summarit f2.5 and 320 iso.
      Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By ChiTown
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!    

Been shooting for over 40 years and almost 21 with Street Photography. It's the person behind the camera that it's all about. You can shoot with any lens or any camera system for great results. The right lens is what you hear about most, and that is just a crock. No lens is the be all one and only for the streets. 35 mm bores me to death and that is what is recommended most. Is it great for street, yes, but so is a 50, 60, 90, or whatever you're using, if done right.⁠

I'm going to give everyone who is looking here a couple tips that have helped me most over the years. ⁠

1- I find the most interesting people portraits on the streets, talk to them and then ask if I can photograph them. Sometimes I give them a few bucks depending on the situation. If they say no, which happens about 20 percent of the time, I don't ask for my money back. If they say yes, I get into the distance for best results and compose the area around them. Lot of them will pose at first, but thats not for me. I will tell them not to pose and say that i'm going to get a few shots while we talk. That is when the true emotions and expressions happen. You have to catch the right one at the right time. After a while, they will forget about the camera. Start the conversation light and then build it up for the right emotions.

2- Your images will always be more powerful if you have another story within the story. That means something interesting happening in the background. Not always necessary, but can really make a good image into a stellar image. ⁠ Street photography is the hardest to get good at. You have to become quick and efficient with your camera, find a system that works for you. . ⁠

Best of luck⁠
      Merry Christmas!⁠
    • By YourFather
      Hello,
      I have recently posted a video and article State of Decay—The story behind the photoproject by Alejandro Cegarra. Alejandro took 3rd place in this year World Press Photo contest and since some of the photos were taken with Leica M 240 I thought I would also share it here. The project itself is interesting as it documents the crisis in Venezuela in the span of 5 years. You can read more about it on the blog. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. Thank you!
      Martin
      Blog post: https://allaboutstreetphotography.com/blog/2019/12/17/state-of-decaythe-story-behind-the-photoproject-by-alejandro-cegarra
      Video: 

• By gwpics
      I have been in a rut lately so have posted very little. However I did shoot this a few days ago because I liked the combination of colours. I hope you think the effort was worthwhile!
      Leica M240 + 50mm Summicron-M f2 @400iso.
      Gerry