plong

B&W pictures on Leica M8

I recently bought the M8, it's my 2nd rangefinder next to the M2. I read all the (positive and negative) reviews online and decided to give it a shot. I found one cheap, with only about 5000 clicks and only minor signs of use (it's in great shape to be honest!) and the store had a great return policy for occasions (return it within 2 weeks and you get a full refund!). With my D800 and A7 i shoot Raw. But after what I read i wanted to try the B&W Jpegs. So i decided to be wild and go DNG + JPEG fine.

Afterwards i got this straight out of the camera. What can I say? I think you've got to love it or hate it. I know I love it

I love my M8!

ps. don't judge the boring composition, it was only a quick test on my way to the bus

Cheers!

you may benefit from a sensor clean

Hi everyone

For B&W work on the M8 do you use the JPEGs or do you PP the DNGs?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

Early M8 user (about 2007/2008), I used DNG+JPG (set to b&w to see how it worked out), and as a kind of guide in PP.

But the longer time the M8 wrote to SD change my practice.

With DNG only, and need not to see b&w on LCD is more productive.

And with time and practice, one can produce much better than direct JPG out of M8.

Hi everyone

For B&W work on the M8 do you use the JPEGs or do you PP the DNGs?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just DNG (Raw) and no Preview ... Ingest with Photo Mechanic and PP with Capture One.

I have question about BW JPEG1 ISO 1250 images from M8. I like what I'm getting from my M4-2 with HP5+ @1200-1600 if I'm using it under evening light (sun is low or gone, but it is still not dark). 

Is it OK to use M8 for light conditions like this at ISO1250 for BW?

Something like this (HP5+ @1200) ?

Try to play with your shutter speed and ISO (+/-) don't forget the white balance setting ....K factor

You can play with your shutter speed and ISO (+/-) and don't forget the white balance setting ....K factor