Begging Friends

bouic49

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

you nailed the exposure and focus.  The dog is as cute as can be,

I'm not sure I understand, though, why you need all the processing, which cheapens the end result, IMHO.

There is not a great deal of processing. The image was mainly processed in lightroom.

right, LR processing, that's what I meant.  It is a little straining on my eyes to look at.  But that may be just me.  I personally think that less is more in this case.  It is a fine, soulful double-portrait that, IMO, doesn't really need the edgy processing.  

Edited by A miller
  • Like 1

It’s a terrific portrait. The dog is great and I like the hint of defiance I see in the man’s face.

I see what Adam means, though. The gritty look you’ve achieved looks to me to have been over-enhanced in processing. For my taste it’s overdone - as though you’d set the clarity slider too high. Anything over about 20 can begin to look artificial.

But it’s your picture and, all in all, a very fine one indeed.

• Like 1

right, LR processing, that's what I meant.  It is a little straining on my eyes to look at.  But that may be just me.  I personally think that less is more in this case.  It is a fine, soulful double-portrait that, IMO, doesn't really need the edgy processing.  

I personally agree on Adam, a fantastic shot on all levels. Love the POV but the processing is making the image look almost like HDR, distracting a bit.

• Like 1