M8 and ZM 35mm would be enough for Japan trip?

rivi1969

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Ricardo,

Very much enjoyed your Flickr images of Japan from last year. Your camera and lens choices produced excellent results. Very nice mix of color, b&w and ambient uncorrected color images. Such a nice collection of moments.

My wife and I (and one daughter) will be going to Japan in three weeks. These days I only travel in cooler weather. This is peak season for vivid color in Japan especially with the beautiful night illuminations. I've been several times. My wife once before and this is a first for our daughter.

We're just going to Tokyo and Kyoto for this trip. If I may ask ---- were there any standout places that meant the most to you on your last journey there???

Again only if you have time I would love to hear your thoughts. Food, photo suggestions at night ---- people places,  a particular temple?

Thank you.

Hello Ricardo,

Very much enjoyed your Flickr images of Japan from last year. Your camera and lens choices produced excellent results. Very nice mix of color, b&w and ambient uncorrected color images. Such a nice collection of moments.

My wife and I (and one daughter) will be going to Japan in three weeks. These days I only travel in cooler weather. This is peak season for vivid color in Japan especially with the beautiful night illuminations. I've been several times. My wife once before and this is a first for our daughter.

We're just going to Tokyo and Kyoto for this trip. If I may ask ---- were there any standout places that meant the most to you on your last journey there???

Again only if you have time I would love to hear your thoughts. Food, photo suggestions at night ---- people places,  a particular temple?

Thank you.

Hello, just send you an inbox, thanks for your message and for liking my pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this thread, and went through your well done Japan series! It depicts everyday life very nicely.

As you probably already now know, there's no reason to be shy about using the M8 on the streets at night, I've found at ISO 640, 1/24 second and f/2.8 or wider makes hand-held shooting easy.

• Like 1

Thank you cobbu2, I am glad you like the images. Agree, the M8 can be used above iso 160 or 320 without any problem. Go with a fast lens and you are set. I only have the Zeiss 35mm f2 and I am planning to sell it for a slower Summarit 2.5. I think my camera deserves a Leica glass. Cheers! Ricardo

• Like 1