M8 with CV 15mm VIII and uv/ir filter

lm_user

• 3 weeks later...

Not tried the version 111 but the original uncoupled 15mm, which gives a very nice 21mm, is stellar on the M8 with no red edge effects.

Did you use a uv/ir filter?

If you'll excuse the rather mundane images, here are some with the original CV15mm ltm on the M8.  Some "focused" at 30 cm from the subject.

I didn't use the UV/IR filter as there are no filter threads on this lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128029366@N05/

It's beaut on the M8 as mentioned, just zone focusing. Makes a great snapshot lens just aim along the hot-shoe, or use a 21mm Voigtlander finder.

cheers  Dave S

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry Paul but the M8 needs IR-cut filters with any lens. It is not a lens related problem but a sensor issue.

While I agree LCT - i am happy that Paul took the time to respond. I posted this a while back and have yet to have any resposes. So - I am thankful for for Paul's insight snd perspective. Frankly, I was surprised at how little Ir showed up on the black parka shown above. My experience without ir filters is worse than shown by Paul. Albeit with different lenses of course

I've got some IR problems with my R-D1 and D70 as well but my M8.2 is the worst by far. Old story if you ask me but the best service we can render to newcomers i believe is to draw their attention to the fact that all has been tried to fix the issue and the best solution is the IR-cut filter. Hence the interest of the OP's question about the CV 15/4.5 v3 IMHO B)

• 2 years later...

Keep in mind that there were two, perhaps three versions of the CV 15mm. The first was awful with a digital sensor.

Actually the first version (LTM) was just fine with the M8 in my experience and as shown by Paulmac earlier in the thread, Pico.  It was unusable with the M9P, M240, and M10 though.

Pete.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

All the hotmirror filters on wide angle lenses 25mm and beyond has magenta issues

It is not my experience on APS cameras i must say. All my 21 to 35mm lenses worked fine on my M8.2 with IR-cut filter and i have color shift issues with none of them on digital CL. Same with CV 15/4.5 v2 on CL but i have no experience with it on M8 or M8.2.