SL case

mbc 1944

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Could use some suggestions for an SL carry case.

I bought an ONA Hamilton to transport my SL and various lenses on trips. Plan to have it serve as my carry on luggage. But once I reach my destination, it's far too big to use.

Question: assume you are carting the SL with zoom lens, a spare M lens or two, batteries, charger (maybe not) and a notebook and power bar after all of this weight, what's your recommendation for a daily carry bag?

Thanks,

Michael

I use Billingham S4 to carry my SL+zoom, MP240+28lux and 50APO. It's not too heavy as everyday bag and I love the color. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Arai
  • Like 2

Billingham f1.4 is fine for SL+zoom, M lens (poss. 2) and tablet (Surface Pro 3 for me). Not sure why you'd want a charger for a day bag, but it's possible. Paper notebook in the outer pocket. Anything smaller than this would be too small.

Exactly what I would recommend also.

And it is really weather proof.

That looks very nice! The color is delightful ... I wonder how well it will age. 

I think it will age the same with other billingham bag. This is the new line that billingham developed over Hadley line, they reduce the height, expand the bottom so camera bigger than M240 can snug in easily. It's about the same volume as Hadley pro just shorter and wider..

• Like 1

I think it will age the same with other billingham bag. This is the new line that billingham developed over Hadley line, they reduce the height, expand the bottom so camera bigger than M240 can snug in easily. It's about the same volume as Hadley pro just shorter and wider..

Yes, I looked them up on the Billingham site. Very nice line: if I'd see that before I bought the 225, I'd have gotten one of them instead. They don't seem to be available in the US yet—no one has them listed here that I've seen. I might have to pick one up when next I'm visiting my friends over there. 

Answering my own question, I found the SL plus zoom fits perfectly into my Fogg bleica bag with Ive used for years with various M cameras. Must retract the lens and only room for spare memory cards and cleaning cloth, but works great and has a nice wide strap. Michael