LUF Admin

Leica T FW 1.5 - Download & Instructions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Don't think it exists Peter, unfortunately. I too only have Android, and would love the app, but it is only (I think) IOS.

You can easily connect the T to your Android device by way of the browser, so you can see your pictures.

Gary

I was excited to see the email hit my inbox announcing the new firmware. Then I read that it is only for Wifi fixes. 

They seriously need to look at the buffer and the way it works. I have been a lone voice about the issues and have raised it with Leica for the last 18 months.

eg. Why when you set your image review to 1 second, if you fill the buffer with more than a few images, it holds the image preview for as long as it takes to write out to memory, then live view becomes available.

It is not so bad in Auto-focus mode as a half press of the shutter cancels image preview and it goes back to live view while it is still writing images out. 

However, here is the really bad part, if you fill the buffer in Manual Focus mode, you can not cancel the image preview at all, not in any way shape or form. You just have to wait until the entire buffer has been written to card, and then finally the live view becomes available. 

The fix would seem to be simple. Enable a half press in manual focus mode to cancel the image preview if there is more than 1 image in the buffer, so you can actually see what you are shooting. 

Or even better, if the 1 second review time is enable, then in all modes of shooting, stick to that. If there are images in the buffer, then just display a red count down in the corner to let you know that the camera is writing out still, and that you do not have the entire 12 image buffer to use.

( i haven't tested this with firmware 1.5, but I thought if it had been fixed, then they might have mentioned it in bug fixes.) 

Maybe firmware 2.0 might have what would seem to be a simple fix...

+1 here.

This is more than a pain!  For me it's the biggest niggle with the T and manual lenses.

Here is the new Leica T firmware V 1.5 - beta-tested by Leica Forum members:

http://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-T/Leica-T/Firmware-Update-1.5

I was trying to get on the beta test team, how do you do that?

With all due respect to them, there is some clear bugs with this camera that would greatly improve operation that have been outstanding since the camera was introduced. 

I have been in contact with Leica support on/off for 18 months about these issues, and they are just not being addressed. 

So I take it that not enough people are complaining about these issues to get on their radar. 

If there is come people on here that are Beta testing this firmware, I would be more than happy to provide exact steps to replicate problems with the T. 

Yesterday I attached my new Visoflex to my T (with firmware 1.5) the first time and checked different options.

So far, I am very happy with both: the T and the Visoflex.

I was very much interested in manual focussing and GPS. Both is very good with the Visoflex.

But I found an issue: 

Using the T-App together with the attached Visoflex, this doesn't work!!! I can not operate the camera.

Watching the photographs of the SD card with the App is possible.

By trying to operate the camera, my T disconnects the App/iPhone. I have to restart both: the T and the App.

That means, I don't get GPS data, when I use the T-App!!!

Leica, please fix this issue with the next firmware update!

One more statement:

Visoflex attached and GPS off: camera and app are working properly.

Visoflex attached and GPS on: when starting operating the camera - camera and app stop working; have to restart both.

One more statement:

Visoflex attached and GPS off: camera and app are working properly.

Visoflex attached and GPS on: when starting operating the camera - camera and app stop working; have to restart both.

Karl,

did the T work properly after the restart - with the EVF attached and GPS on?

It did in my case.

Cheers

Hans

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hans,

After restart, the T operated properly.

But it does not with Visoflex+GPS on.

Visoflex and GPS on is obviously a no-go so far.

Hopefully it'll be solved with the next update.

Called Leica service today. Very good response. Thank you!!!!!

issue is verified bei Leica.

They will fix it!!!

Thank you to Leica service!!

last software DO NOT work, WIFI capability is unstable and di not work in Japan, now in HK do not work either...1.5 update is a .tuf file do not expand!!!

seems complicated stuff out there!